• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    sir
    Forum Member

• sir
    replied
    Originally posted by birdman0 View Post
    .... I know the new orientation process was designed to reduce or eliminate those early losses.
    So was orientation the "black monday" type of thing before?

Leave a comment:

• birdman0
    Generic LEO

• birdman0
    replied
    Did anyone quit in the first few days? I know the new orientation process was designed to reduce or eliminate those early losses. There's always some who decide it's not for them, but the ones who quit from the "culture shock" just because it's unfamiliar might actually be OK once they got past the initial disorientation.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend and back at it.

Leave a comment:

• Mokman88
    Forum Member

• Mokman88
    replied
    I really enjoyed it. I have been through basic training before, so I was mentally prepared for most of the things but none the less, I have had a great time so far. Things seem to be going well for the 21st Arming class and the more time I spend at the Academy the more anxious I am to becoming an actual Trooper. Being down at the academy has definitely given me a new appreciation for the WSP

Leave a comment:

• birdman0
    Generic LEO

• birdman0
    replied
    It's Saturday, after your first week, how was it?

Leave a comment:

• panther12
    Stater

• panther12
    replied
    To everyone who is attending the 21st Arming Class: congratulations! I happen to work in the Shelton area, so I'm sure I'll see you passing through.

As Birdman0 mentioned, don't quit! This job is a tremendous amount of work, but it is also extremely rewarding. The training can be very long, and as you know the wait even to get in can be bad- but it is, in the end, very worth it.

As a reminder: the TACs will be out looking at your cars when you're in class, doing PT, etc. Don't let them find equipment violations, unlocked doors, windows rolled down, WSP stuff visible from the outside... I know, more stuff to remember, but it's all that attention to detail stuff. HIT-ASAP-POS, if you know what I'm talking about.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you at the graduation ceremonies for the 97th Trooper Basic Training Class!

Leave a comment:

• anubismp
    Forum Member

• anubismp
    replied
    I'm leaving around 6 as well. I'd rather loiter around outside drink coffee and read a book then get caught in traffic or be late.

Leave a comment:

• Mokman88
    Forum Member

• Mokman88
    replied
    I hear ya on the Brasso thing...that is what I have always used for my military stuff anyways, so I like it fine. haha, funny you mention the finishing touches..I just got done molding my mouth guard as well. I have no idea how early to leave...I live in Puyallup....So I will probably leave sometime around 6...that should leave plenty of time depending on traffic.

Leave a comment:

• anubismp
    Forum Member

• anubismp
    replied
    I finally settled on the fred meyers ones as well. I couldn't find MAAS so I wound up with brasso. Now its just putting on the finishing touches like moulding my mouth guard, cleaning out my truck and trying to relax. Anyone else leaving early for the orientation/ equipment issue? I'm sure traffic will be fun going to olympia tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

• Mokman88
    Forum Member

• Mokman88
    replied
    I know right? Those binders were ridiculous...the cheapest I found was like $8.70 at Fred Meyers....other than that...pretty much right around $10....

Leave a comment:

• anubismp
    Forum Member

• anubismp
    replied
    Yup much more like nervous. BTW everyone if anyones looking for shower shoes/flip flops I found a whole isle of them at rite aid in UP/Tacoma and they are all clearance since its out of season for them so they are cheap. I just mention that since no stores seem to have them. Now all I have to do is bite the bullet on $10 3" 3 ring binders

Leave a comment:

• Mokman88
    Forum Member

• Mokman88
    replied
    Nervous is more like it lol

Leave a comment:

• Super_HKS
    Red&Blue coming through

• Super_HKS
    replied
    Wow only days until the arming class. Ill bet you guys are getting excited

Leave a comment:

• sir
    Forum Member

• sir
    replied
    I think you have to be an applicant (or in the process with them) to be allowed on a ride along. But check with birdman he'll know for sure

Leave a comment:

• IrishLacrosse
    Forum Member

• IrishLacrosse
    replied
    Does WSP accept ride a long requests? If so I would like to go on one once I arrive at Bremerton Navy base (kitsap),for my new duty station, in December. All in all I will have 3 years left on my contract and would like to explore all the opportunities in the PNW law enforcement. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• sir
    Forum Member

• sir
    replied
    Good look guys/gals. I know saying don't quit is easier that actually not quitting when you're there but what the heck I'll say it too... DON'T QUIT!!! There are a lot of people that want to be in your place real bad, find some kind of motivation - family, friends, pet, or just for your own pride in accomplishment - and keep your eyes on the prize

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3781 users online. 240 members and 3541 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X