Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Everett PD applicants for the 2009 year..?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Everett PD applicants for the 2009 year..?

Thoughts on your test. How do you think you did? Are you excited to go through the process with Everett?

We got 2 weeks before we get our letters letting us know if we get to go on to the PT test or flunk

Good luck to everyone that applied
    -Daniel

I was there on the 8th. I think I did okay.

Comment

Originally posted by badger54 View Post
      I was there on the 8th. I think I did okay.
      Awesome man. Were about 1 week away from getting our letters. I think the only part of the testing that kinda got me was the spelling. I am usually pretty good with spelling but man some of those different options for the words really made it difficult. Good luck to you man and keep us posted how. You did

Comment

Where you their today, I was at the 11:00am test. I just failed the sit ups so unless somebody hires me before February I will be starting the process again.

Comment

No disrespect but I'm blown away that people aren't in fighting shape prior to going to an event, blown away. You should be training like an olympic athlete, you know that your life is on the line everyday in police work.

Comment

Originally posted by DwightSchrute View Post
            No disrespect but I'm blown away that people aren't in fighting shape prior to going to an event, blown away. You should be training like an olympic athlete, you know that your life is on the line everyday in police work.
            narrows the competition if they don't want to get in shape then they don't want the career bad enough

Comment

You said it brother, sitting on the couch eating cheetos instead of working to protect themselves, their families and the people they are sworn to protect, if you aren't going to take it seriously then stay working at Pet Smart.

Comment

not everyone can be a navy seal like dwight here

Comment

Hahha So you have the same opinion of him as I do? Sorry to get of topic but dwight here will get banned sooner or later

Comment

Originally posted by sir View Post
                    Hahha So you have the same opinion of him as I do? Sorry to get of topic but dwight here will get banned sooner or later
                    Dwight is not a Seal. He's Delta.

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
                    No
                    Law Enforcement Agency:
                    Portland Oregon
                    Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
                    No
                    Interests:
                    Traveling, basketball
                    Rank/Title:
                    Agent
                    Years Experience:
                    10 years
                    Security Agent
                    How did you find Officer.com?:
                    Google

Comment

This thread is already seriously hijacked. However, I think the original thought was a good one to point out. Every person who sets out to be a law enforcement officer should take very seriously the idea that they must be in the best physical condition possible.

That being said, it is also a valid point that not everyone can be in the kind of shape as someone who served in Delta (or SEALs, or whatever else anyone might be...) When I first applied, I had some extra weight on me, and was only barely above the minimum standards for performance. I just didn't know better. Believe me, that changed in a hurry, and I take it seriously now. The point is, don't jump someone just because they failed a part of the PT test - that's what the test is designed to do. If he's serious about the job, he'll take care of the issues and step up. There are lots of attributes which are valuable as an officer in addition to the physical abilities, and to be a great officer you must be able to do a lot of things well.

Now, it might be more appropriate to return this thread to the original point, which is for those trying for Everett PD. If you didn't make it, don't give up. It's absolutely possible to improve your physical abilities, if you put in the effort every day. If you did make it, best of luck to you and I hope I see you on the road!

Comment

Good point birdman. Sorry to have gone off topic guys... Let's get back on track. Afriend of mine tested for Everett and he got low 70s so he didn't pass either but that doesn't mean he's quitting!!!! So give it your best shot and retest if necessary

Comment

Oral Boards

Hey All, just had the oral boards. First one ever, so crazy. Cant tell if i did well or not. With other interviews, you know, but with oral boards. Ahhhh.... anyhow, hope to get a letter soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 348 members and 5287 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X