300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Agencies Hiring?

Are there any WA state agencies currently hiring? Tacoma looks pretty interesting, but it shows continuous on their recruiting site. Any information or points in the right direction are appreciated.
    “The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.”

-Captain Patrick Etheridge, U.S Life Saving Service

https://fortress.wa.gov/cjtc/www/employment/index.htm

Comment

Or go to the 'Careers' section on this web site and navigate your way to Washington State agencies.
      Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence. ~Author Unknown

Comment

You are correct, Tacoma PD is hiring and we do have open positions. We anticipate filling open positions, and any possible new grant funded positions, from our current eligibility list and from the list established from the September testing. Just this week we canceled our December testing dates and the application period for our September 25 & 26 testing has passed. Our next round of tests for entry level recruit officer will be on March 26 & 27 and applications are now being accepted for that test. We anticipate needing to hire for several open positions caused by retirements in the first three months of 2010. Hiring seems to be a never ending battle for us!

For lateral officers we continuously accept applications and once we get a good sized batch of lateral applicants we will run a testing session, usually at least once every other month.

You can find more information about our testing process, dates and timelines at our employment page on our department web site: www.tacomapolice.org .
        www.tacomapolice.org

Comment

TPD, I send you a PM.

Comment

Oh man you missed the deadline for Everett PD about 3 or 4 weeks ago. There are currently 9 spots open. The next Everett process starts in Feb 2010. Everett has one of the highest crime rates if not the most in the state so it should be alot of fun and excitement

Comment

Anyone heard of the Lummi (Native) PD?

Sounds like something I would most likely not be interested in...

Comment

I have never heard of that....

Comment

Originally posted by BrianO View Post
                  Anyone heard of the Lummi (Native) PD?

Sounds like something I would most likely not be interested in...
                  The Lummi Indian Reservation is up in Whatcom County, north of Bellingham. They have a small Tribal PD much like any other Tribal PD in Washington
                  www.tacomapolice.org

Comment

howdy everyone, I`m a rookie officer here in Texas. Me and the wife we would like to move to Seattle area, where has a good reputation to raise the young family. Are there any agencies hiring, and requires only a minimum year in service for out of state lateral transfer. Also, is Texas peace officer license good for Washington state laterals. Any information will be appreciated.
                    Integrity First
                    Service Before Self
                    Excellence In All We Do

Comment

Yes, there are a few agencies in Washington that are hiring. Tacoma, Seattle, Everett are a few that are hiring now. Of course there may be more that I don't know of or who have recently lifted their hiring freeze. Some, like Kent PD (especially if the annexation goes through) or those who have received and approved their COPS Grants, will soon be hiring.

Most agencies require two years of service and/or post-academy experience before they consider you a lateral officer. Our CJTC BLEA will recognize the certificates from all 50 states as long as they included a like number of hours of instruction and curriculum. You will still have to attend the two-week Equivalency Academy to obtain Washington State Certification.

Here are the requirements to be considered a lateral officer for Tacoma PD:

1. Must be a US Citizen.
                      2. Must be a High School Graduate or have a G.E.D.
                      3. Must be currently employed by a law enforcement agency in the United States (or recently released or facing release, due to layoff or reduction in force, with the ability to be re-hired).
                      4. Must be certified by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission or an equivalent recognized state police academy.
                      5. Must have 24 or more months of full-time, sworn officer, post-academy experience (or recently released or facing release, due to layoff or reduction in force, with the ability to be re-hired).

As you can see, not only do we value lateral officers, we also want to try to help those fellow officers who are facing unfortunate layoffs.
                      www.tacomapolice.org

Comment

Seattle PD will hire officers with less than 2 years experience, but as I understand it we do not refer to them as lateral candidates. Instead the are called "Exceptional Entry" officers. Basically means individuals complete the same equivalency academy as laterals, and they are still required to attend the SPD Post-BLEA academy (about 5 weeks) and an abbreviated FTO phase (8 weeks if I recall correctly). The main difference between laterals and exceptional entry is going to be were you start on the pay scale.

SPD website has all the requirements for hire.

Comment

http://www.publicsafetytesting.com/

Comment

http://www.awcnet.org/apps/jobnet/re...oymentType=ANY
                            " I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2121 users online. 143 members and 1978 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X