300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSP currently hiring?

Hello I was wondering if the Washington State Police was currently hiring and will they be for a couple of years because in a year I will receive my associate degree and would see if they would be still hiring. I know no one is a physic to see the future but I am just asking if you "think" they will.

Thank you in advance

WSP will be continuously hiring for some time. They only send a class through every 9 months though so you may have to wait a while. You might want to check on the hiring freeze with the state too. I dont think the State Patrol was hit but im not sure. From what I understand even if the patrol hires straight through for the next three years, they will still be widely unmanned. Remember too that if you go through the hiring process and get on the eligibility roster, it is only good for one year, then you have to start over from scratch. Hope this helps. It's a fun agency to work for!

Comment

Yes they will be hiring, we have a ton of people coming eligible for retirement here in the next coming years. There was a hiring freeze put on for state employees, but the state patrol is exempt because we are emergency services. We are hurting for people, my crew alone is down 4 people, which makes things a little busy

Comment

Edited......
        Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_HKS View Post
          The 2 month period is just peeking around the corner since I passed my polygraph. Hopefully that letter or call will be right around the corner
          dont hold your breath. I am on almost 6 months and I havent heard anything other than a call saying "we havent forgot about you, be patient".
          sigpic

Comment

I got the elist notice in July and thats about it. Nov starts the phone calls I've read on other threads here and then Arming should be Mar09...once again thats what I've read here but as there seem to be alot of Troopers on this forum it would seem to be a good bet. Fingers crossed til then I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAndrew21
              HA dont expect on to soon.... Going on 4 months of them doing my background.
              That's insane, I tested in December and was working in March.

Comment

I'm interested in relocating from MD to Spokane, CdA ID area in a year or two. How easy is it to get choice of assignments, near N. ID? I have BS in Homeland Sec & 8 years Navy experience. Any advice is welcome. Thnx.
                trainee

Comment

I'd talk to a recruiter and see what they have to say. I remember from phase 1 testing they said most postings where in western WA at that time but that doesnt mean theres nothing out near spokane or that you couldnt bid over there. Talk to a recruiter for the best answer though.

Comment

I'm from Eastern Washington and got assigned to the Olympic Penn out of the academy. I put in a transfer and and I am going back to Eastern Washington in Feb, and I just graduated from the last class.

Comment

Edited......
                      Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4957 users online. 286 members and 4671 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X