300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everett PD

Did anybody here take the written test yesterday (sept 9) for Everett.

I was there!

Passed the written exam and am scheduled for the October 4th physical agility test.

Comment

I passed the written as well so I'll be at the PAT on the 4th. Where you in the 5:00pm, or the 7:30pm group for the written.

Comment

I took the one at 7:30 p.m. Sheesh, I didn't know there WAS one at 5... that's a little disheartening. Seemed like there were plenty of people at the 7:30 p.m. one!

Comment

I was at the 7:30pm exam as well. I counted around 20 people taking the 7:30 so hopefully there were 20 or less taking the 5pm.

Comment

I will be at the Nov. 18 testing.
            sigpic

Comment

Only 20 people taking the written test? That seems kinda pathetic! When I took it there were four test times scheduled and at least 60 candidates in my test group alone. Wow, how things have changed

Comment

I guess that's another symptom of the widespread hiring difficulties we keep hearing about from police departments. Though from what I've seen first-hand, the hiring difficulties stem from most police departments being very, very picky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Mary View Post
                  Though from what I've seen first-hand, the hiring difficulties stem from most police departments being very, very picky.
                  DING DING DING...We have a winnah! LOL!

Yes, they are being very, very picky but it is a CYA on thier part. As frustrating as it is to you and I (trust me, I am still ****ed about SCSO), they can only go on past experience and they worry about the "one" that slips through the cracks that could cost the dept. dearly in the future. It is what it is and there isnt anything we can do about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm definitely not arguing against law enforcement agencies choosing the best and most capable. However, the oral boards are widely acknowledged, even by people who are working in law enforcement, to be exceptionally subjective. On one hand, I'm glad that agencies (unlike a civilian company I might interview with) score me on other things besides just a highly subjective, personality-snapshot interview. However, to weight these interviews at 70% of an overall score seems odd to me. It seems like a background check and thorough psychological testing would more accurately identify anything that they are looking to avoid. Just my two cents.

They say that Ted Bundy was a singularly charming man. I could see someone like that acing an interview, but not a psych exam and/or polygraph.

Comment

Good news

After the oral interview, I made it onto the eligibility list... woohoo! The letter said the eligibility is only good for one year though. I'm worried the list may expire before they get to me. Anybody know how long it typically takes to be contacted? I'm in the top third. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Mary View Post
                        They say that Ted Bundy was a singularly charming man. I could see someone like that acing an interview, but not a psych exam and/or polygraph.
                        Ted Bundy was a very intelligent sociopath and would easily pass the polygraph and most likely the psych test as well.

Comment

Who is testing tomorrow?
                          sigpic

Comment

I think polygraphs are a stupid tool and I wish agencies would just do thorough background checks instead of chancing it with a machine.

Comment

Went to the test last night. I feel I did VERY well on it. If anyone else was there I was in the 1st test session and was the only one is a suit and tie.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4883 users online. 246 members and 4637 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X