Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State law on Tail light tint

Edited.......
    Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM.

Edited.......
    Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Any help on this?

Comment

All I could come up with is:

RCW 46.37.200 - Stop lamps and electric turn signals displayed

"... Shall be equipped with a stop lamp or lamps on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, visible from a distance of ... three hundred feet to the rear in normal sunlight"

but...

Our website says:
        Are turn signal, taillight or headlamp covers permitted?

No. Aftermarket styling ornament or other feature, such as tinted plastic or glass covers, a grille, or slotted covers shall be in front of the headlamp lens, or in front of any other lighting devices installed on motor vehicles. (WAC 204-72-040 )
        Brass sucks.

Comment

You cannot have any thing that is tinted on your factory tailights. I have personally written tickets for this violation. If you have them on it, take it off.
          Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

Originally posted by Imockdeath View Post
            All I could come up with is:

RCW 46.37.200 - Stop lamps and electric turn signals displayed

"... Shall be equipped with a stop lamp or lamps on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, visible from a distance of ... three hundred feet to the rear in normal sunlight"

but...

Our website says:
            Are turn signal, taillight or headlamp covers permitted?

No. Aftermarket styling ornament or other feature, such as tinted plastic or glass covers, a grille, or slotted covers shall be in front of the headlamp lens, or in front of any other lighting devices installed on motor vehicles. (WAC 204-72-040 )
            WAC 204-72-040 refers to 49CFR571 and that is just a cluster F to read... I can not pinpoint the section of law....

Comment

Originally posted by Elmo View Post
              WAC 204-72-040 refers to 49CFR571 and that is just a cluster F to read... I can not pinpoint the section of law....
              Yeah, that really makes the eyes cross, doesn't it?

I think it boils down to this: the tail lights have to meet the applicable SAE or Federal standard. If the tail lights are modified, they are presumed to no longer meet the standard. I suppose to a qualified SAE member could, for a suitable fee, test the modified lights for compliance but what would be the fun of that?

Comment

My advice to you is to not show up at the academy and/or your prospective agency driving a ricer and looking like a street racer, especially if you're thinking about getting hired at the WSP.

I guarantee that if you do so, you'll earn the wrath of quite a few academy instructors who will come up with all kind of Fast and the Furious-wannabe comments about you.
                "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

Edited.......
                  Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Looks like your window tint might be too dark!! Becare with taht!!!!
                    Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2844 users online. 164 members and 2680 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X