300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle PD New Contract

I saw that SPD got a new contract with a HUGE pay raise recently. I also saw in one atricle in a seattle newspaper that one of the changes was in the patrol schedule. The SPD web site lists the patrol schedule as being a 9 hour shift with some funky shift times, but the article stated that there was a new 10 hour shift inclused in the new contract.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/..._police17.html

Does anyone have any current info on the patrol schedule that they are currently working? Or if they are definitely going to a 10 hour schedule.

I'm considering relocating to WA from NJ, but my current department works a 12 hour pittman schedule, and going to that funky 4 on 2 off 9 hour shift does not look appealing.

The current contract is posted online

http://www.seattle.gov/personnel/res.../pubs/SPOG.pdf
    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
    sigpic

Comment

I dont have any info but im sure they are gonna see a lot of applications with that pay raise! Wish WSP paid like that.

Comment

cgh6366,

Awsome, exactly what I was looking for. The shifts are permanent right? just rotating on the on/off pattern?

Comment

Permanent as in you don’t have to bid for a new shift – yes. But the Department can move you “for the good of the Department.” In general, unless you really screw up, you can stay where you are and on the watch you get until you want to move.
          "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
          sigpic

Comment

A refreshing change from rotating shifts! At my place they move people to avoid paying overtime on a daily basis (which i see they can't do to you as per the contract). Overall, your contract is better than mine! I think it's time to book a flight out and take a look around.

Comment

The new 10-hour shifts will likely not go into effect for about two years. The department needs to get the current staffing level up before making this change in order to maintain the 'minimum safe staffing levels' for each watch as stipulated in the new contract. This information comes from the top of the food chain.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6140 users online. 324 members and 5816 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X