300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redmond PD

I'm considering applying to Redmond PD. I spent a few hours at the station today and they seem to be very squared away! Looking for insight on the department. I've heard nothing but good! All feed back is much appreciated.
    sigpic

Originally posted by satmdv View Post
    I'm considering applying to Redmond PD. I spent a few hours at the station today and they seem to be very squared away! Looking for insight on the department. I've heard nothing but good! All feed back is much appreciated.
    I can give you some info. I am not a officer currently but I was an explorer with Redmond for about a year and some odd months.

Redmond is a place of wealth, cleanliness, and good order. Within my experience with Redmond PD, I spent alot of time in and out of the station. We did alot of training and had alot of meetings at the department but we also spent alot of time out of the station. As you probably observed from yesterday, Redmonds station is squared away. It is pretty large for its size, has a nice PT/workout room, and everything you need is right at your fingertips making some things easier than others. Another thing you may have observed or been talked with is Redmonds pay system. In comparison to other departments, Redmond pays very very well. Keep in mind that Redmond is very strict on who they hire. If your ex military or a Lateral, your chances are usually pretty good.

Main requirements to get hired:
    US Citizen

21 years of age

Completion of 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university

Ability to obtain a valid Washington State's drivers license

Ability to successfully complete selection process and background investigation

Must have ability to successfully complete the Washington State Basic Law Enforcement Academy

To further continue, Redmond also has an arsenal of equipment both for your uniform and both their vehicles/weapons etc. Most of Redmond PD's cars have been transformed with that dark blue and grey paint job. Looks very nice. I have also noticed that they have several Dodge Chargers. Each car comes with a computer, shotgun/ar-15, etc, Pretty much you get all the goodies.

My suggestion is to definitely go with Redmond. The crime rates in Redmond are not near what they are for say Everett, Renton, Seattle, or Tacoma but the pay is awesome and the people whom run Redmond PD really have their act straight. Keep in mind that alot of the calls you will recieve in Redmond are things such as: DV (Domestic violence), Theft, Some GTA car dumps, etc. You get your high risk traffic stop every now
    People can hate/dis on Redmond all they want, for what they do but I think it would be a terriffic oppurtunity for you. I think you would really enjoy it. I hope I helped out a little bit with your decision making process.
    Let us know what your gonna do

PS if you have any other questions specifically about the department, feel free to ask me either in your post of via PM

Comment

Super_HKS, the insight is much appreciated. What you wrote is pretty much the same as my impression of the department (all good)! I'll keep the sight informed of my progress.
      Once again, thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

^ Not a problem man. Glad I could help ya out. Let us know how everything works out for ya

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6067 users online. 362 members and 5705 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X