300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPP PEB question

How long after taking the written test does Park Police schedule your fitness test? I need to get in a little better shape....
    Alexandria PD:
    Written 7/19: Passed
    Background and Polygraph: Pending

MPD:
    Written 8/02:Passed
    Psych 9/24: Passed
    Medical 9/25: Passed

USPP:
    Written 8/08: Passed
    PEB 10/04: Passed

usually about 6 months though its been a few years since i was in that position.

I would recommend that you start jogging 1-2 miles every other day until you hear from them. Work on your flexibility, (sit and reach) and work on your bench press.

You do not have to be in olympic runner shape to pass, just reasonably decent shape.

PEB standards can be found on line by googling Federal police PEB or something like that,, basically every Fed. LE job takes it in some form or another.

good luck

Comment

the passing scores for the events are listed on the park police website. The passing score is 70 in each event.

Comment

As a new officer, you'll want to do a little more than barely scraping by,,,,, lest you incur the wrath of your FLETC instructors.... IMHO..

Aim for like 85-95, push to do the best you can.

Comment

but yes you are correct passing is 70 percent.

Comment

Are the PEB tests conducted in the area in which we test or is travel required?

Comment

You probably got your answer at the written exam, but they are planning on holding the PEB for DC the weekend of October 4th and 5th.

Comment

Correct, for those taking the test @ alternate sites, NYFO, SF, Atlanta, arrangements are made to hold the PEB in the same geographic location.

PEB @ NYFO is held @ Floyd Bennett Field, DC held in Anacostia Park SE, SF is held @ Presidio from what I have been told, dont know about GA or other sites.

Comment

is there a point total that has to be reached to pass the overall PEB? In other words if someone doesn't do as well in one event can a higher score in another event still allow them to pass the PEB?

Comment

Yes. I always get 70-75 % in the sit and reach,, just not flexible, but is does not matter as long as you get a 70 in all catagories so 70 x 5 = a 350 on the PEB, 450 and above you get a free day off. It used to be that as a new recruit you could not fail any section of the PEB, below 70, I dunno if that is still true, like can you get a 65 on the reach, and then get a 85 on all other events so your grand total is over a 70 % overall,,,

Sorry I'm just not sure...

Come take the test, get plenty of rest the day before and you'll do fine.... To fail you really have to be a REAL SLOB. no offense to anyone one here.....

Comment

NYFO also uses Fort Wadsworth.

Comment

yeah for the SI or NJ folks,, forgot about that.

Comment

on the weekend of the PEB are applicants required to be there for both days or are they scheduled for one of them? I work for TSA and have to submit an OPM 71 for the required days ahead of time.

Comment

you will be given a specific date and time for the PEB, I dont think you need to be there all weekend, unless the do the PEB on a saturday, and the oral interview or something on Sunday..

You might want to be safe and take the whole weekend off,,, or ask your investigator so you can pre-plan.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4796 users online. 267 members and 4529 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X