300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Police or Capitol Police, US District Court Violation Notice

I am still fighting a battle about citing a violator based on another officers observation, I showed where I could VIA DC law however I got slapped with "were federal" So anyone that can help me it would be greatly appreciated, and if I am wrong, please call the kettle black.

Originally posted by Defender06 View Post
    I am still fighting a battle about citing a violator based on another officers observation, I showed where I could VIA DC law however I got slapped with "were federal" So anyone that can help me it would be greatly appreciated, and if I am wrong, please call the kettle black.
    Ok uhhh let me try to help... I'm not sure who is feeding you that BS but that's definitely fair game! If you look at your 1805 under the PC statement it asks upon whos observation was the citation based. What you are running in to is a few know it alls who bring local laws from previous assignments and try to apply them here. Trust me you can do it! We've been doing it as long as I've been there. Without disclosing names, who is telling you this? BTW the kettle is hot pink.

Comment

If your agency investigates traffic collisions and cites the at-fault drivers, you are basing yor traffic citations on the observations of other parties. If the observations of a civilian driver are OK to cite on, it would seem that the observations of another LEO should be GTG.
      John from Maryland

Comment

OK to cite the driver, however if s/he challenges it, you must produce the "other officer" to testify in court. That is why, on CVB CFR violation notices, we always put the witness officer and charging officer on the same CVB court code, so that they show up in court on the same day, we also subpeona the witness.

Since the first appearance of the ticket is the IA. you can always continue the case and have the witness officer appear at the next appearance (trial date)....

Who is saying you are wrong, and what is the remedy that they want..???

Usually if you explain this to the violator, they will plea rather than miss another day of work in court and have to take the drive, so to speak.

Comment

Not with either department, but I am federal and we can, will, and do cite on other officer's observations.
          Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

As an FTO I frequently elicit other officers on my shift to call me over when I’m with a trainee. I have had other officers run radar and my trainee will write the cite(they need 10 citations & 10 written warnings/FI cards to get out of FTEP). I’m with a federal agency (DOI,USBR) and we do this weekly if not daily.
            In God we trust, everyone else we search!

Comment

Hey five04zog!!!!!!! Whats up bro??? How is the department treating ya?????
              Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6346 users online. 357 members and 5989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X