300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irs Cid

I have already looked up all I can on the IRS investigative wing, and as a Finance student I hope to apply for their Student Career Experience Program...

Does anybody here have any knowledge of the CID that they can share?

Thanks...
    "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
    the more knowledge, the more grief."

Would be easier if you had specific questions, but I know a couple IRS Agents. They are very busy people that much I can say. You have to figure that all crimes usually revolve around money. Terrorists, criminals, organized crime, gambling, all don't like to pay taxes. One thing to remember is Al Capone was sent to jail on tax evasion. I will say that as of late they have been looking for computer people as much as finance. Personally, I'd fear being an IRS Agent because they are probably the most hated Agencies in the country...any other questions feel free to ask!

Comment

My agency works with IRS-CID on a lot of cases. The guys I have met are great and seem to enjoy their job and work on all types of cases. On a humorous note, suspects seem to be very scared when the IRS comes knocking....

Comment

I have a fork in the road...NY State Trooper(BCI) or IRS Agent (CID). I have an accounting degree and over two years public accounting experience. I always wanted to be a forensic CPA. Both branches offer this (obviously with more emphasis with the IRS CID). I have call backs for Trooper this March and I am pretty far in the proccess with the IRS hiring proccess. What should I do!!!!!!!!!! Advice please.
        Last edited by BCIACCOUNT82; 02-26-2009, 11:27 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

Thank you for the good advice ROSchwoe.

Comment

For those interested they are opening up another announcement at the end of march for 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by StateChamp View Post
              For those interested they are opening up another announcement at the end of march for 2 weeks.
              Forgot to mention the requirements which are a MINIMUM of accounting related courses of 15 semester hours in accounting and 9 in a closely related field (i.e. economics, finance, business law, tax law, money and banking).

Comment

What are your sources StateChamp?

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

GrayState,
                    Thank you for the reply. Would you say that if I went in the direction of State Trooper, I would be letting go of all my professional experience and education in accounting? Would all of that hard work have been in vein? I want to be sure on the direction I take. I will never have another chance at trooper again if I give up this opportunity.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you again for your advice. If you excuse me, I need to go brush up on my running and sit-ups for the physical at the end of March. At least I can leave my options opened that much longer if I go through with the physical.

Comment

Originally posted by BCIACCOUNT82 View Post
                          What are your sources StateChamp?
                          Agents within the agency. They are also opening up Revenue agents as well before this announcement, so in a couple weeks this will open up.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                            If the job is offered, then I would say absolutely take it. If it just isn't for you or you are offered a spot in the FBI, you can always leave for another job.

However, to answer your specific question, it is likely that you would not use your education or professional experience in that field for a while or only in rare circumstances. Perhaps a current or former BCI member could answer better than me though. I think we have at least one on this forum.

Realistically, don't take the job expecting to be able to use your accounting education to it's fullest, but understand that there may be opportunities at some point.
                            Do you have any suggestions on how I would go about locating this BCI member on this forum? Thank you.

Comment

StateChamp, do you know of any CID agents on this forum? Do you actually know CID agents that you talk to?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5958 users online. 348 members and 5610 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X