300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Supreme Court Police

Just looking for some info. on the United States Supreme Court Police. I have looked high and low on this site as well as others. I have the basic information from the vacancy post. I was looking for some more details, if possible. My g/f applied and received a letter to come to D.C. to take the test in two weeks. We are from the Rochester, NY area...so I was hoping to get a better grasp of this whole situation. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't quite understand what kind of information are you looking for?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Internal issues, both good and bad. Overall feel for the job. Overtime availability. FLETC program information-Are USSCP candidates in the Mixed Basic/whatever they call it now? Post FLETC, do they process through a local academy (MPD) or USSCP or both? Pretty much anything you or any one else might have on them would help. I/we will definitely attempt to talk to an Officer(s), however we are from upstate NY. We/I have no contacts in D.C. to bounce this off of. And obviously, I can't just roll into town to talk to people. I have never heard anything about them. Maybe no news is good news?! Hope that clarifies...

Comment

They're Federal Officers so they'll attend FLETC Uniformed Basic. I don't know anyone there, but I would say they are more security oriented. Most officers will be working in the building. If I remember correctly they provide the security detail for the Justices. Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, although US Supreme Court Police are police officers, their mission is completely force protection oriented. Also the uniformed police officers rotate through Executive Protection Details with the Justices. When the Justices leave the DC area, the US Marshal's take over the EP Detail, so there isn't travel overtime, although from what I understand regular shift overtime is readily available.

A guy I used to work with, works for the US Supreme Court Police and he loves it ... if your girl is looking for a mix of uniform work and EP work, the US Supreme Court Police seems to be a great place to work.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

I know they just had a bunch of mandatory retirements, so now might be a great time to test. I have a buddy from work who is in the mix for them and they are supposedly going to pay him what a 5 yr officer makes there. And not to forget they are 6C covered.
            Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Very cool with the 6c...I just assumed they wouldn't have that coverage. I didn't even look for it in the posting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4904 users online. 263 members and 4641 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X