Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MPDC contract?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New MPDC contract?

    I understand that the old contact's last perecentge raise was in october of 2007. Is there a new contract in the works? and will there be a raise for 2008? thanks ps i called recruiting and they have no idea

  • #2
    Originally posted by ryh03001 View Post
    I understand that the old contact's last perecentge raise was in october of 2007. Is there a new contract in the works? and will there be a raise for 2008? thanks ps i called recruiting and they have no idea

    Comment


    • #3
      I spoke to an Lt. who deals with the starting salaries for Laterals and he seemed pretty up on the contract negotiations. He advised they are still in the process of negotiating the contract. They are due for another raise in 10/08 but if the contract is not settled by then everyone will continue to receive there current pay. Once the new contract is settled the city will owe back pay to everyone covered under the contract = fat little lump sum check.

      My current Dept. has been in this situation since 01/08 (our last contract ran through 12/31/07). Apparently they are going to owe me my back pay even though I will no longer be working there - we shall see how that goes... I was hoping everything would be resolved before I left but thats def. not going to happen.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I read an announcement of the current graduation and it claimed that one of the laterals was an ARMY MP.. I didnt realize they would accept Military LE as anything.. most places do not recognize it other then the usual veterans preference?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Defender06 View Post
          I read an announcement of the current graduation and it claimed that one of the laterals was an ARMY MP.. I didnt realize they would accept Military LE as anything.. most places do not recognize it other then the usual veterans preference?
          How do you know he didnt have le training other than military?

          Comment


          • #6
            Good question, I don't know. I just read on the news release that he was a lateral and was US Army Military Police. *shrug* I am dropping off my application to become a reserve tomorrow wish me luck!

            back to the question above, aparently back in the day Texas took all the training that Military cops recieved as accrediation and allowed former MPs/SPs to be Texas Police Officers, as long as they passed FTO/a lateral academy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Awhile back, spoke to a Prince George's County PD Lt who ran recruitment. He said they took military MPs as laterals. He said as well, he didn't agree with the concept.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've seen both sides of the house and coming from a primarily military background you need a civilian academy, maybe not the full deal but it def. wouldnt hurt for MANY reasons.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Defender06 View Post
                  I've seen both sides of the house and coming from a primarily military background you need a civilian academy, maybe not the full deal but it def. wouldnt hurt for MANY reasons.
                  I agree with needing to attend the academy! I also agree with the agencies who recognize MP LE exp and allow prior MPs to come on as a lateral! Defender stop all the fuss! You will get a wealth of training from outside agencies at your current duty station! Trust me!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey listen, so your relief found my distro BTW lol, and did you hear about that Impala 266, tried to catch up to someone and the engine blew on me..
                    I'm not trying to make a fuss i was just more shocked then anything.. Below is the quote, I was just trying to see if anyone knows if he had been somewhere else first..

                    TWENTY NEW OFFICERS HITTING THE STREETS OF DC
                    Patrols in DC neighborhoods are being boosted by the addition of 20 officers who were sworn in during a graduation ceremony on Friday, May 16, 2007 at the MPD’s Maurice T. Turner, Jr. Metropolitan Police Academy in Southwest. The new officers all completed approximately 24 weeks of training at the police academy, which includes a full program of physical, classroom, and firearms training to prepare them for the challenges of being a police officer. The subjects covered include laws of arrest, search and seizure, criminal law, traffic regulations, human relations, community policing, and ethics. In addition, recruit officers receive skills training in firearms, operation of emergency police vehicles, self-defense, advanced first aid, and much more. One of the 20 new officers is a lateral transfer who has previous experience serving in the US Army Military Police."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Defender06 View Post
                      TWENTY NEW OFFICERS HITTING THE STREETS OF DC
                      Patrols in DC neighborhoods are being boosted by the addition of 20 officers who were sworn in during a graduation ceremony on Friday, May 16, 2007 at the MPD’s Maurice T. Turner, Jr. Metropolitan Police Academy in Southwest. The new officers all completed approximately 24 weeks of training at the police academy, which includes a full program of physical, classroom, and firearms training to prepare them for the challenges of being a police officer. The subjects covered include laws of arrest, search and seizure, criminal law, traffic regulations, human relations, community policing, and ethics. In addition, recruit officers receive skills training in firearms, operation of emergency police vehicles, self-defense, advanced first aid, and much more. One of the 20 new officers is a lateral transfer who has previous experience serving in the US Army Military Police."
                      Def 06,

                      I was at the graduation last Friday and there were several prior service graduates there. I dont know which was the former MP ,but I do know that the individual went through the regular training everyone else got. As far as I know an MP background doesn't rate at the academy.
                      Also, word on the street is that the 3.5 % raise in Oct is a done deal and it'll be the last raise of that kind in awhile.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Red2 View Post
                        Def 06,

                        I was at the graduation last Friday and there were several prior service graduates there. I dont know which was the former MP ,but I do know that the individual went through the regular training everyone else got. As far as I know an MP background doesn't rate at the academy.
                        Also, word on the street is that the 3.5 % raise in Oct is a done deal and it'll be the last raise of that kind in awhile.
                        Thank you..!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I spoke with a recruiter a bout a month or so ago and he told me that prior MPs would qualify to apply as a LATERAL HIRE. You would still attend the academy but would have some extra change in your pocket $$$CHA-CHING$$$

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Defender06 View Post
                            Hey listen, so your relief found my distro BTW lol, and did you hear about that Impala 266, tried to catch up to someone and the engine blew on me..
                            I'm not trying to make a fuss i was just more shocked then anything.. Below is the quote, I was just trying to see if anyone knows if he had been somewhere else first..

                            TWENTY NEW OFFICERS HITTING THE STREETS OF DC
                            Patrols in DC neighborhoods are being boosted by the addition of 20 officers who were sworn in during a graduation ceremony on Friday, May 16, 2007 at the MPD’s Maurice T. Turner, Jr. Metropolitan Police Academy in Southwest. The new officers all completed approximately 24 weeks of training at the police academy, which includes a full program of physical, classroom, and firearms training to prepare them for the challenges of being a police officer. The subjects covered include laws of arrest, search and seizure, criminal law, traffic regulations, human relations, community policing, and ethics. In addition, recruit officers receive skills training in firearms, operation of emergency police vehicles, self-defense, advanced first aid, and much more. One of the 20 new officers is a lateral transfer who has previous experience serving in the US Army Military Police."
                            FUNNY! She never died on me! You gotta know how to treat her LOL!!! Gotta be gentle...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I was going to work today, dead tired it was hot, I walked right by it and then I stopped, and realized that they had resurected it. I stared that car down like an old arch nemisis and asked "Are you still here?" :-D I CANT BELIEVE it last time I saw that car SMOKE was coming from the engine block. Its an 03. LET IT DIE!! lol anyways..ill stop hijacking the thread, thats good info tho super trooper.. let us know where you end up applying.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4902 users online. 291 members and 4611 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X