NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPD Application Process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ............................
    Last edited by hopefulfedle; 01-25-2023, 03:25 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FWD1987 View Post
      Another funny story I just found out the other day. So, the third district is so short that two officers that are motorman got assigned to S.O.D. and it was a permanent assignment. Shortly after, those two officers got assigned back to patrol(both are FTO’s) because it wasn’t enough FTO’s to train PPO’s…lmfao! SOD is one of the sweetest assignments you could get in MPD. Bottom line, 3D is extremely short and for them to make two officers who have 10 years on and both motormen get sent back to patrol because their certified FTO’s permanently really says a lot about how short of manpower the district is. I was also informed that they had to pull 3 officers in 6D and 7D for a “detail” in 3D who are FTO’s because of the manpower shortage. Their incentive to do it is, they will get Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off..lol.


      You really can’t make this stuff up! Lmfao!
      Unfortunately, I can beat that story right now, with two that just happened. As some may know we are currently so short staffed that MPD has us working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Well my friend was set to serve his suspension for doing actual police work and made plans to travel back to his home state to see family, but MPD actually cancelled his suspension and is forcing him back to work! He asked if they could just forgive the suspension days since he was helping out but they just laughed and said no we will suspend you when we feel like. Now he has deal with cancelling his family plans, knowing that MPD will just suspend him whenever it suits them!

      Oh yeah and the VCSD commander told his entire division that if they don't start going on the street and producing big arrests they will be sent back to patrol. He said he doesn't care what the environment is with the politicians hating us, and officers being arrested for murder without even touching a person.

      The list why MPD, is a horrible place to work keeps on growing.

      1. Horrible scheduling, they force you to work OT whenever they want.
      2. They discipline workers and suspend them without caring about facts
      3. if you brush against a bad guys neck during a struggle you will be terminated.
      4. The chief does press conferences naming officers and condemning them before the investigation is over.
      5. If you are involved in an incident where a citizen claims injury they will publish your name and the footage to the public
      6. They are creating a public database where citizens can search you by name and read all your IA files.
      7. They dont pay us correctly, and seem not to care. Even though the law was changed and approved by everyone.

      Lets keep building the list.

      Comment



      • You have made a very wise choice. Police Departments are fighting over candidates, don't sell yourself short.
        Last edited by Police1099; 01-23-2023, 10:40 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Police1099 View Post

          Unfortunately, I can beat that story right now, with two that just happened. As some may know we are currently so short staffed that MPD has us working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Well my friend was set to serve his suspension for doing actual police work and made plans to travel back to his home state to see family, but MPD actually cancelled his suspension and is forcing him back to work! He asked if they could just forgive the suspension days since he was helping out but they just laughed and said no we will suspend you when we feel like. Now he has deal with cancelling his family plans, knowing that MPD will just suspend him whenever it suits them!

          Oh yeah and the VCSD commander told his entire division that if they don't start going on the street and producing big arrests they will be sent back to patrol. He said he doesn't care what the environment is with the politicians hating us, and officers being arrested for murder without even touching a person.

          The list why MPD, is a horrible place to work keeps on growing.

          1. Horrible scheduling, they force you to work OT whenever they want.
          2. They discipline workers and suspend them without caring about facts
          3. if you brush against a bad guys neck during a struggle you will be terminated.
          4. The chief does press conferences naming officers and condemning them before the investigation is over.
          5. If you are involved in an incident where a citizen claims injury they will publish your name and the footage to the public
          6. They are creating a public database where citizens can search you by name and read all your IA files.
          7. They dont pay us correctly, and seem not to care. Even though the law was changed and approved by everyone.

          Lets keep building the list.
          Yikes!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Police1099 View Post

            Unfortunately, I can beat that story right now, with two that just happened. As some may know we are currently so short staffed that MPD has us working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Well my friend was set to serve his suspension for doing actual police work and made plans to travel back to his home state to see family, but MPD actually cancelled his suspension and is forcing him back to work! He asked if they could just forgive the suspension days since he was helping out but they just laughed and said no we will suspend you when we feel like. Now he has deal with cancelling his family plans, knowing that MPD will just suspend him whenever it suits them!

            Oh yeah and the VCSD commander told his entire division that if they don't start going on the street and producing big arrests they will be sent back to patrol. He said he doesn't care what the environment is with the politicians hating us, and officers being arrested for murder without even touching a person.

            The list why MPD, is a horrible place to work keeps on growing.

            1. Horrible scheduling, they force you to work OT whenever they want.
            2. They discipline workers and suspend them without caring about facts
            3. if you brush against a bad guys neck during a struggle you will be terminated.
            4. The chief does press conferences naming officers and condemning them before the investigation is over.
            5. If you are involved in an incident where a citizen claims injury they will publish your name and the footage to the public
            6. They are creating a public database where citizens can search you by name and read all your IA files.
            7. They dont pay us correctly, and seem not to care. Even though the law was changed and approved by everyone.

            Lets keep building the list.
            This dude is on point. This place is a total cluster. My district loses about 5 people per week. Everyone is getting work at other departments and bailing out.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Joe159 View Post


              Wow you are quite the member. And these forms have clearly not change lol. Partial meaning MPD has been good to me in terms of what I have. I'm grateful after 20 plus yrs.

              Impartial meaning because I've been both punished and awarded over the years, I have the discipline to take the good and the bad and be fair and neutral in my opinions of MPD.

              Be well 1099 and safe.
              Hey Joe. What unit do you work at?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Police1099 View Post

                The advertised starting salary; which hasn't come into effect yet is base. Same as mt previous comment with the 30 years with all steps, retention bonuses, and longevity.
                We were supposed to get our rasies like 3 months ago. THey just don't care at all about paying people.

                Comment


                • Sounds like a typical Democrat-run dumpster fire.

                  Comment


                  • What gets me about this pay raise that’s suppose to be implemented months ago is, if you get promoted to detective, sergeant, and above, you will automatically get a pay increase, right? But, they can’t do the pay increase for the officers?? Something doesn’t add up. I won’t be surprised if the city doesn’t have the money to make such a huge drastic pay increase as well as the time in the half adjustments, but I’m hoping for the sake of officers there that they won’t get screwed like that. I hope that it won’t be the case of what happened before I came on where they didn’t get a raise for 7 years and didn’t get a retro check…smh.

                    They way they do things there is so unlawful. The whole command staff as well as white shirts(lieutenant, captains, and commanders) are all corrupted. It’s probably 10% of white shirts there that are actually cool, but most of them are corrupted. My time in MPD, I did everything in my power not to be close or even interact with them unless it’s strictly work related. People who get to close to them end up getting back stabbed in the end. Unless, you’re an attractive female officer and you sleep with one of them to get ahead or get nice assignments.(Yes, that has happened numerous times).

                    Police1099 stated about this thing about citizens getting access on getting into officers database seeing their whole file is new to me. I’m curious on the details on that one..

                    I heard MPD got lots of pending lawsuits right now from speaking to a union lawyer last year.

                    Bottom line, it’s going to get worse because no one seems to really care from up top.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FWD1987 View Post
                      What gets me about this pay raise that’s suppose to be implemented months ago is, if you get promoted to detective, sergeant, and above, you will automatically get a pay increase, right? But, they can’t do the pay increase for the officers?? Something doesn’t add up. I won’t be surprised if the city doesn’t have the money to make such a huge drastic pay increase as well as the time in the half adjustments, but I’m hoping for the sake of officers there that they won’t get screwed like that. I hope that it won’t be the case of what happened before I came on where they didn’t get a raise for 7 years and didn’t get a retro check…smh.

                      They way they do things there is so unlawful. The whole command staff as well as white shirts(lieutenant, captains, and commanders) are all corrupted. It’s probably 10% of white shirts there that are actually cool, but most of them are corrupted. My time in MPD, I did everything in my power not to be close or even interact with them unless it’s strictly work related. People who get to close to them end up getting back stabbed in the end. Unless, you’re an attractive female officer and you sleep with one of them to get ahead or get nice assignments.(Yes, that has happened numerous times).

                      Police1099 stated about this thing about citizens getting access on getting into officers database seeing their whole file is new to me. I’m curious on the details on that one..

                      I heard MPD got lots of pending lawsuits right now from speaking to a union lawyer last year.

                      Bottom line, it’s going to get worse because no one seems to really care from up top.

                      I wouldn't doubt if MPD, is backing out of the raising, who knows. You are right about the white shirts and there corruption, and how they use female officers to sleep with. Remember that huge lawsuit Black women officers sue DC police claiming racial and sexual discrimination | CNN​, of course nothing. happened. Look at the current PSS Chief. He has a whole story about him using females for sex in exchange of promotions and he wasn't touched The assistant chief of the MPD was accused of having sex with subordinates - Newslivewashington.com

                      However, if you are an actual officer, and use force and somehow brush against the suspects neck, you will be fired and possibly arrested.
                      If a citizen says you sounded too aggressive, you are facing an citizen complaint investigation and suspension.

                      I really don't know how current members could tell people to join MPD, maybe they are just trying to get the 500 dollar recruitment bonus?!​

                      Comment


                      • In the entire history of Washington DC, no Republican has ever been elected Mayor.

                        So none of this stuff surprises me.

                        Comment


                        • Police1099
                          Police1099 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          in all fairness the position was created in the 1970s so its not a very long history like other cities

                        • Aidokea
                          Aidokea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A Republican has not been elected to lead DC since 1956.

                          Today's applicants weren't even born then. Very few of their fathers were born yet. The majority of their grandfathers probably weren't born yet. Many of their great-grandfathers weren't even of voting age yet. The absolute failure of DC leadership has existed since their GREAT-grandfathers were voters, most of which have since died of old age.

                        • Aidokea
                          Aidokea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The voters of DC are getting EXACTLY what they asked for. That's why DC is such a $hit-hole.

                          It is tragic that a solid 90% of the people group most victimized by the KKK, continue to vote for the very same Democrat party that founded the KKK, just like their Democrat slave masters tell them to.

                      • Originally posted by Police1099 View Post


                        I wouldn't doubt if MPD, is backing out of the raising, who knows. You are right about the white shirts and there corruption, and how they use female officers to sleep with. Remember that huge lawsuit Black women officers sue DC police claiming racial and sexual discrimination | CNN​, of course nothing. happened. Look at the current PSS Chief. He has a whole story about him using females for sex in exchange of promotions and he wasn't touched The assistant chief of the MPD was accused of having sex with subordinates - Newslivewashington.com

                        However, if you are an actual officer, and use force and somehow brush against the suspects neck, you will be fired and possibly arrested.
                        If a citizen says you sounded too aggressive, you are facing an citizen complaint investigation and suspension.

                        I really don't know how current members could tell people to join MPD, maybe they are just trying to get the 500 dollar recruitment bonus?!​
                        In reference to the lawsuit about those 10 women suing the department, it’s actually still going. I know one if the women in that case and she told me that they have all of the evidence and it’s pretty open shut case, but typical MPD fashion, they’re stalling because they know their pretty much screwed at this point.

                        I believe the summer of 2020 was when officers really started to see how bad and corrupted the department and the DC council are. As we see now, all of that knee jerk reactions with the stupid police reform has completely backfired on them. Not only is crime is through the roof now, but now they can’t even hire enough officers. It may not be much we can do as officers to fight back the corruption in MPD, but leaving the department IN SCARY HIGH numbers is a good enough stand that we not dealing with the nonsense and the stupid knee jerk reactions. MPD and DC council brought this on to themselves. Let them figure it out. Again, glad I left. I really feel bad for the law Biden Citizens because they’re going to really have to be in even more high alert walking on the streets. When they as you why isn’t it any police around, just tell them to blame DC council and crappy mayor bowser.

                        Wait until the next 1 or 2 years and some change, the people who came in 1999 and 2000 are going to retire, so when they all retire, the manpower is going to be REALLY LOW!!! Also, the the people who are going to quit, so yeah lol. The people who are going to suffer the most are the officers with over 5 years on, they’re pretty much stuck because they’re too vested.

                        I know people who changed their pension tiers to 20 years instead of 25 years. They’re willing to pay more, so they can get out of there lol. Don’t let Chief Contee fool you guys saying, “Oh, we still have over 3500 sworn in officers”. It’s all BS.
                        Last edited by FWD1987; 01-25-2023, 08:31 AM.

                        Comment


                        • hopefulfedle
                          hopefulfedle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Last I saw it was around 3300 officers.

                        • FWD1987
                          FWD1987 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          @hopefulfedle

                          I don’t even think it’s that many. I’ll say under 3k.

                      • Originally posted by Ten3ZeroHero View Post

                        Hey Joe. What unit do you work at?
                        ISB / CID/ HDQ since 2017 - 6D 2000 to 2017 eve shift.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3404 users online. 197 members and 3207 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X