300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Info guys
    Last edited by hankvoight1; 11-18-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• daboo
      daboo commented
      Editing a comment
      Classes start last week of every month.

• Etoolqual
      Etoolqual commented
      Editing a comment
      Lets be real, are they even pushing people through at that rate?

• daboo
      daboo commented
      Editing a comment
      Most recent class was 6 people so, yeah, they're starting classes regardless of class size.

• Thanks for the quick response. Follow up question in regards to the arrest process , So what happens when you’re done with your paperwork? Are the prisoners arraigned in court or are they just given a desk appearance ticket to see the judge on another date and let go? Also do you draw up the case and sign the affidavit the same day?

Comment

• JPD2000
      JPD2000 commented
      Editing a comment
      So it depends on the charge. If its a misdemeanor and non-DV, they will probably get what is called a citation release. Basically, you arrest them they go to the station to process and get their pictures taken and finger print, then are giving a court date and are released within 3-4 hours.

If it is a felony or DV, or they have a lot of pending arrests, they will go to central cell block after you are done processing the arrest paperwork. They will see a judge the next day unless its a Sunday or holiday. It will be decided if they paper the case or drop charges. Then depending on the circumstance, they could let them out after they see the judge or hold onto them until their court appearance.

When you do the arrest report, the affidavit is automatically signed when a LT or above approves it.

• Let's see if any calls happen this week!!!

Comment

• Has anyone been invited to the December class yet?

Comment

• I failed the NTN exam 3 months ago but I’m about to retake it, can anyone that passed it please message me?

Comment

• Is the academy hard like what's it like any insight

Comment

• Toplaw100
            Toplaw100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Easy. One thing I will tell you is be prepared to be there longer than 6 months. It's not organized but the academy is easy.

• How often are lateral academies held?

Comment

• Drured22
            Drured22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Would like to know myself. I went through the whole process and I'm just waiting on a call.

• Toplaw100
            Toplaw100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not often. There was a retired md cop in my class whi had to go through the entire academy again due to the fact they didn't have enough people for a lateral class.

• chapmanp1
            chapmanp1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd prob stay away if you have time at another agency. I had five years somewhere else and MPD is like an alternate universe...

• hardwork24
            hardwork24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the input guys

• Anybody hear anything

Comment

• When did you finish the process

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm starting my prospect day on Jan 6. Just looking for some input coming from NJ. Any recommendations on housing/anyone who went thru the academy already; did you have a lot of recruits looking for housing that'd be willing to link up in a 2 bed?

Comment

• hopefulfedle
                hopefulfedle commented
                Editing a comment
                If I were you I'd take MPD up on the 2 weeks hotel stay and see if anyone in your academy class is looking for a roommate.

• Originally posted by hardwork24 View Post
              How often are lateral academies held?
              I thought they ended up the lateral program? Is it started again? If you are considering this place, I would speak to current officers who were laterals. The ones I know are completely miserable, and MPD screwed them out of promised pay.

Comment

• In case applicants decided on MPD because of the new salary, FYI it hasn't been implemented yet and the chief just wrote an email to the entire department saying he has no idea when the OT or overtime issues will be fixed. The contract was agreed and approved so long ago yet we have nothing. Except now the chief can fire us faster when we upset him

Comment

• FWD1987
                  FWD1987 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lmfao!!!!!!!!

A buddy of mine showed me that email. It’s absolutely pitiful. I’m glad I left. I even saw that the retro checks won’t come to April…lol! Smh

• This is proof that MPD is trash!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Hello all. Thought I'd link back up with the forums after an 8 or 9 yr hiatus. Joined the forums well over 20 yrs ago as an MPD recruit. Worked in custody / jails for 10 yrs prior to MPD. I believe I was a decent contributor yrs back. Was a moderator as well either on this site or another LE site. Cant recall.

I've done a lot in my time with MPD. In a specialized unit at the moment but the majority of my time has been in patrol. I've been proactive my entire career. I've earned medals and I've earned suspensions. Only reason I say this is because I feel strongly I can give you a true and accurate assessment of things when it comes to MPD. I'm not disgruntled and not stupid. I have a good understanding of MPD's shortcomings.

Don't be swayed by disgruntled officers here who have 2 seconds on the street in terms of overall yrs of LE experience. Does MPD have problems? Absolutely. Horrible problems. The same horrible problems every LE agency is dealing with right now. Is MPD worse than many agencies in this regard? I'd say probably so. But make your own assessment of things and if it's not a fit, move on and join a dept. that suits you better.

Feel free to shoot me a private message with any questions or concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe159 View Post
                    Hello all. Thought I'd link back up with the forums after an 8 or 9 yr hiatus. Joined the forums well over 20 yrs ago as an MPD recruit. Worked in custody / jails for 10 yrs prior to MPD. I believe I was a decent contributor yrs back. Was a moderator as well either on this site or another LE site. Cant recall.

I've done a lot in my time with MPD. In a specialized unit at the moment but the majority of my time has been in patrol. I've been proactive my entire career. I've earned medals and I've earned suspensions. Only reason I say this is because I feel strongly I can give you a true and accurate assessment of things when it comes to MPD. I'm not disgruntled and not stupid. I have a good understanding of MPD's shortcomings.

Don't be swayed by disgruntled officers here who have 2 seconds on the street in terms of overall yrs of LE experience. Does MPD have problems? Absolutely. Horrible problems. The same horrible problems every LE agency is dealing with right now. Is MPD worse than many agencies in this regard? I'd say probably so. But make your own assessment of things and if it's not a fit, move on and join a dept. that suits you better.

Feel free to shoot me a private message with any questions or concerns.
                    A second sane, rational post today. Is this really o.com?

For you folks apply to MPD, this strikes me as pretty sound advice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2859 users online. 169 members and 2690 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X