• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to prospect day recently and completed it has anyone heard anything

Comment

• Hojo_91
      Hojo_91 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should get an email to start your esoph ( personal history questionnaire), check junk folder.

• Originally posted by hankvoight1 View Post
    Went to prospect day recently and completed it has anyone heard anything
    I got my Esoph email the same day iirc

Comment

• Do you ride with a partner like NYPD or is just you alone in your patrol car?

Comment

• JPD2000
        JPD2000 commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends on a few things. Which district, manpower, and how many vehicles are available. You could be riding with a partner, or you could be riding by yourself.

• When you get scheduled for medical and polygraph do they email you and how soon after you conditional offer of hire

Comment

• Hojo_91
        Hojo_91 commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll get a call to schedule medical and then an email for Poly.
        out of state applicants do testing 2 days in a row.

• Cool thanks what's the process for a medical retake like if you have to loose body fat or have your doctor send some information over. Like how soon do they reschedule you

Comment

• Hojo_91
        Hojo_91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have my medical later this month ill let you know.

• Hojo_91
        Hojo_91 commented
        Editing a comment
        So I had medical yesterday. The nurse said if you have over 29 % body fat as a male and 34 % as a female, you will be placed on a 9 week program to get your weight under control. I’m not sure if you have to report back to the clinic or have your personal doctor send information over.

• When you pass the various stages does you background investigator call you and tell you

Comment

• Appreciate you

Comment

• Anyone know when the next academy start date is?

Comment

• hankvoight1
            hankvoight1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen Great question this is a great thread I appreciate people always passing info

• Toplaw100
            Toplaw100 commented
            Editing a comment
            November 21st.

• Any body get the call to join that class

Comment

• Hey, what’s everyone.

For those joining and about to start the academy, good luck. I left MPD after 4 years on 9/30/22. I will say that once you’re done in the academy and get assigned your district, don’t go out there and be a hard Charger or cowboy/cowgirl trying to lock everyone up. Also, please please PLEASE don’t be proactive. It may sound funny, but MPD frowns upon proactive policing. I won’t go into detail, but it’s a reason why lots of people are leaving the department in alarming numbers since the summer of 2020. I’ll let you guys see for yourselves once you go out there. Other then that, just be safe. Always back each other up!

Comment

• chapmanp1
              chapmanp1 commented
              Editing a comment
              They won't listen, but this is 100% true. I'd argue that Officers shouldn't even go "beyond the call" if its a call for service. There are entire blocks where MPD has lost lost control because the residents will create a Use of Force situation. That ushers in the UoF investigation, then an OPC complaint, throw in a BWC or uniform violation, all of which will be used against you in court (turning a prelim into a two hour ordeal) on your day off. The OPC complaint will drag on for four to six months which affects your Giglio (for those who actually still care enough to apply for arrest warrants).

HR told me that roughly 40 Officers are leaving per month when I put in my paperwork.

The fact that they are using graffiti to advertise new pay raises should tell applicants all they need to know about MPD. Place is nowhere near what it used to be...

• FWD1987
              FWD1987 commented
              Editing a comment
              chapmanp1

Yo, on 9/30/22 when I left, they actually had an event at the academy for people leaving to turn in their stuff..lol. On that day, it was 12 people leaving. I couldn’t stop laughing because it got to the point that they had to have an “EVENT” to process people out..lmfao! I just had enough with coming to work dreading and hoping to not get into anything that could hinder my job. I got tired of getting held over. I would literally Be on the edge of my seat around 4:30am(I worked midnights) praying I don’t get held over. You literally would have to plan your day if you get held over or not. What’s makes it worse is, they would expect you to COME to work functional that same night AFTER working midnights and daywork. Of course, I would just call out sick/use a 3 day optional. Clearly not healthy to do that. That right there should tell you the crappy culture MPD is.

Yeah, they just got a pay bump, but it’s really not worth it.

If you want to join a specialized unit like CST or GRU, forget it. Those are the specialized units that get into the most trouble and burned through the media. Not to sound disgruntled, but this is all facts!

I was assigned to the 3rd district. So, the chief discovered a pattern as far as people leaving that specific district, so one of the advisors called me that’s working with the chief to get my brutally honest opinion as to why I left and such. I pretty said everything without no filter. She told me 3D alone has lost 45 officers in the last 6-9 months. She had to call all the people who has left within that time frame in that specific district. Right now, 3D is losing the most officers in an alarming rate at this moment. It’s really bad..
              Last edited by FWD1987; 12-04-2022, 09:58 AM.

• Questions for current or former MPD officers.

What schedule do MPD officers work ,how many days on and off?

What is the Arrest Processing like paperwork wise? Are you done with your perp after you hand them to jail or the court or do you have to sit on them if they have a history?

Is it common to work 24 hours straight with no relief?

Are you often hit for overtime on your days off?

Comment

• Good question anyone heard about a class

Comment

• Plz and thank you in advance if there in anyone in the academy or currently work that can shed some light on questions

Comment

• Originally posted by GrownNY97 View Post
                  Questions for current or former MPD officers.

--What schedule do MPD officers work ,how many days on and off?

Four days on, three days off.

--What is the Arrest Processing like paperwork wise? Are you done with your perp after you hand them to jail or the court or do you have to sit on them if they have a history?

Arrests are processed at the district station, we don't have a central booking type facility. Arrestees are transfered to the station via a transport vehicle. You as the arresting officer will process the prisoner property and/or evidence at the station and complete the arrest paperwork. It's a straightforward process. The only time you're stuck with a prisoner is if he/she has to go to the hospital prior to the arrest for medical reasons.

--Is it common to work 24 hours straight with no relief?

No. That would be a violation of the MPD general orders. We work 10 hour tours during regular weeks and 8 hour tours if there is a federal/city holiday during the week.

--Are you often hit for overtime on your days off?

This being Washington DC, there are from time-to-time "mandatory activations" due to massive civil unrest and "first amendment activities," which trigger a full department activation, and (sometimes) even 12 hour tours during the activation period and (sometimes) no days off during the activation -- see year 2020. I've never been called in on a day off for general patrol overtime.

Comment

• FWD1987
                    FWD1987 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty much, don’t check your emails when you’re off. It’s not required on the G.O. If it’s a full department activation and the email was out while you’re off it on leave, it’s nothing they can do..lol. I learned that the hard way in the summer of 2020 lol. 12 hour shifts with no days off for nearly a month and some change. That was what made a lot of leave. That’s when I realized the money wasn’t worth it.

• MPD has a Saturday prospect day coming up on on December 10, 2022. Usually, prospect days are on Friday mornings which can be a challenge for those prospects coming from out of state.

If you're interested in joining MPD, and you aren't local, you should consider the Sat. Dec 10th prospect day as there probably won't be another weekend prospect day for some time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2806 users online. 161 members and 2645 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X