Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn’t do lateral program, but I had five years LEO experience at a “large-ish” agency in the SE. PM if you have questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapmanp1 View Post
      I didn’t do lateral program, but I had five years LEO experience at a “large-ish” agency in the SE. PM if you have questions.
      I’m trying to PM you but seems like yours are turned off.

Comment

• I sent you a message

Comment

• I see you guys got a little pay bump, but still kinda on the low side for the cost of living. Where would you guys recommend living while in the academy?

Comment

• Don't believe the hype...still plenty of older places on Zillow. I live in a safe area within walking distance to a metro and only pay 30% of my salary (includes shift differential, but not OT) for a one bedroom without roommates. "Rent Controlled" is the key phrase to search for. Plus, MPD provides new Officers $1,000 per month for their first six months to live in the District.

With that said, a lot of Officers live in Alexandria.

It comes down to the DMV decision. Pay a little more to be closer to work. Or pay a little less and sit in traffic all of the time.

Comment

• Chapman I appreciate you being active on here. If you can, can you list the steps and how much you get paid per step?

Comment

• Would anyone on the job consider a lateral from NYPD to MPD ?

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think too many NYPD hang out in this sub-forum.

• DC Pay scale

https://dchr.dc.gov/sites/default/fi...olice_fy20.pdf

Starting at $60,200.

I THINK its a step increase every year for the first three years, then every other year (or something like that).

Shift differential: 3% for Evenings and 4% for Midnights.

Time and a half after 11 hours in a pay period and only during an "FSLA Period." Nobody can tell me what that is, but it seems like its generally the last two weeks of each month.
                Last edited by chapmanp1; 12-04-2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  11 hours of what? Overtime?

So you have to work 11 hours of OT at the straight-time rate before you get time and a half??

• Yes.

My understanding is that they worked the 11 hour thing out with DCGOV in return for latest pay raise. There is SO MUCH OT here. A lot of demonstrations/protests plus standard NATS/CAPS stuff. Plus Crime Initiatives...

There is a movement to get another pay raise.

There is a movement to allow Officers living within DC to be exempt from income tax.

This is is the only place I’ve heard “They’ll never do ____ because we make too much money.” But, I was a Cop down south.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapmanp1 View Post
                  Yes.

My understanding is that they worked the 11 hour thing out with DCGOV in return for latest pay raise. There is SO MUCH OT here. A lot of demonstrations/protests plus standard NATS/CAPS stuff. Plus Crime Initiatives...

There is a movement to get another pay raise.

There is a movement to allow Officers living within DC to be exempt from income tax.

This is is the only place I’ve heard “They’ll never do ____ because we make too much money.” But, I was a Cop down south.
                  FSLA is definitely not a new thing. This helped me understand it to a degree. https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E39904_01...es-3e3dc9.html

Contract negotiations are beginning soon. Hopefully B23-0531 gets passed before that. That'll really give us a good chance of getting a real raise this time.

As for the income tax, they can keep that. I don't think I'd live in the city even if DC picked up my house and dropped it in the city for free.
                  MPDC Timeline - Out of State
                  Initial Application 4/13/2013 Orientation 6/13/2013 Mass Processing 8/8/2013 Polygraph 8/29/2013 Medical/Psychological 10/29/2013 Home Visit 12/3/2013 Submitted for Final Review 2/14/2014 Hired 2/28/2014 Academy Start 3/24/2014 Academy Graduation 10/9/2014

Comment

• How’s the morale? Do most supervisors treat the rank and file cops well? Is Chief Newsham a good chief?

Comment

• Surround yourself with the people doing the type of work that you want to do and you won't have to worry about those things.

I chose MPD because it checks all of the boxes in both my professional AND personal life.

I hear good things about PG County and it reminds me of my previous agency. Chasing cars is dangerous. It also took me five years and multiple chases to get to that point...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12568 users online. 456 members and 12112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X