300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kps13 View Post
    Is it weird for your case to be with the review board for 2 weeks and not hear anything back?
    I've also been waiting for a little while too. I haven't heard anything back in a few weeks. I started working on the Baltimore Police hiring process this past month. I have the physical fitness test for BPD scheduled for this weekend.

Comment

• This is mainly for the new recruits already in the academy. Just wanted to say first off congratulations on being accepted and becoming apart of the Best Police Department in the Nation!

Secondly, stay humble and bring that humbleness and determination with you when you graduate and make it to the one of the 7 Districts.

I'm currently a Field Training Officer assigned to the 4th District and I'm seeing allot of new recruits who want it "easy" as they try to get through the Field Training Program. If you are coming aboard and just looking for a paycheck/job please (and I'm probably speaking for a great number of my co-workers) please find another job. Policing isn't for everybody. Policing in Washington DC is unique.

From day one I tell everyone that you will indeed "earn" everything that you get while training with me. I'm not here to be your friend, pal, FB buddy..etc. I'm here to provide you with the best training available and ensure you go home the same way you responded in. Safe.

Learn all you can in the academy. Soak all of it up. Then when you hit the streets bring that same intensity and show us that you can apply it. If you don't know how to read a map...please START NOW!!.. North, South, East, West. If you haven't allot of experience driving. START NOW. We are FTO's. Not Department of Motor Vehicle Driving Instructors.

And lastly, we don't care how many degrees you have, how you were class leader, validictorian etc..Can you apply what you learned in the academy with a dash of common sense?

Keep charging, stay humble, and continue to progress.

Stay safe and see you on the beat!
      MPD Timeline

Application-12/9/2011
      Test-1/25/2012
      PHS-3/1/2012
      Mass Processing/PAT-3/10/2012
      Psych- 4/3/2012
      Medical-4/17/2012
      Poly- 4/23/2012
      Home Visit- 5/18/2012

Final Review - 9/21/2012
      Call from Lt/Email Confirmation Letter- 9/28/2012
      Academy Start Date: 11/19/2012
      Academy Graduation Date: 8/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by jdworth View Post
        This is mainly for the new recruits already in the academy. Just wanted to say first off congratulations on being accepted and becoming apart of the Best Police Department in the Nation!

Secondly, stay humble and bring that humbleness and determination with you when you graduate and make it to the one of the 7 Districts.

I'm currently a Field Training Officer assigned to the 4th District and I'm seeing allot of new recruits who want it "easy" as they try to get through the Field Training Program. If you are coming aboard and just looking for a paycheck/job please (and I'm probably speaking for a great number of my co-workers) please find another job. Policing isn't for everybody. Policing in Washington DC is unique.

From day one I tell everyone that you will indeed "earn" everything that you get while training with me. I'm not here to be your friend, pal, FB buddy..etc. I'm here to provide you with the best training available and ensure you go home the same way you responded in. Safe.

Learn all you can in the academy. Soak all of it up. Then when you hit the streets bring that same intensity and show us that you can apply it. If you don't know how to read a map...please START NOW!!.. North, South, East, West. If you haven't allot of experience driving. START NOW. We are FTO's. Not Department of Motor Vehicle Driving Instructors.

And lastly, we don't care how many degrees you have, how you were class leader, validictorian etc..Can you apply what you learned in the academy with a dash of common sense?

Keep charging, stay humble, and continue to progress.

Stay safe and see you on the beat!
        This is great advice. Thank you for this. I am still in the hiring process and I want to be a police officer for many reasons. I am currently working as a data analyst at a prestigious organization, and I will be taking a significant pay cut. I am not in it for the paycheck. I am a veteran and hope to continue to serve my country as a police officer. I greatly appreciate your post.

Comment

• I'm seeing some people are saying they're getting hired at the 45ish day mark. Is this about the average or do you have to be lucky? I left a police department earlier this year to head back home and deal with family issues but now I'm ready to get back in the field with a larger department. Hopefully I can qualify for the experienced officer academy. I have my prospect day next week. Hopefully from being with another department and clean background, my investigation gets done quickly..

Thanks anyone who replies

Comment

• I don't think its the norm, but it can happen. I bent over backwards to make it happen and it worked for me. You will have to be really aggressive with the BIs.

Comment

• I'm interested in applying for MPD and I just wanted to know a few things beforehand. How difficult is the written exam? is there math involved? and throughout the process is the an Oral interview or some type of interview?

Comment

• losjames15
                losjames15 commented
                Editing a comment
                To me the written exam was easy. It comes in two parts the first part is report writing and the second part is the video exam which is just a bunch of situations they tell you to answer how you would respond to the situation. A lot of people failed the video situation when I went through the testing. And once your done with the video exam there’s a questionnaire at the end that asks you about the report you had to take at the very beginning of the test so make sure you take good notes. There was no math at all when I took it and as far as I know there’s no interview, but I am out of state so i do not know if your in state if you will have a interview with your bi.

• nj1993
                nj1993 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm out of state as well. I think I took that type of format for New Jersey State Police when I did there written exam. But didn't do well on the video part. Did you personally get a study guide or used any books to study prior the written exam? losjames15

• No I did not get study guide. It is really easy it’s just the video part is more of a judgement assessment. So be reasonable and you should be fine. You can get your test results with in a half hour of you taking the exam they will tell you if you passed. If you do not pass you have to wait 90 days I believe maybe 60. However you do not have to re do the whole prospect day just the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bidstar View Post
                Hi everyone, I’m 20 years old graduated with associates I don’t have a job, will you guys recommend this agency? Literally in desperate to find job
                So what's going on in NY where you're from??? Of course, you won't get hired in NY at your age.

Comment

• Delelellteled
                  Last edited by Bidstar; 11-20-2019, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Anyone have experience with completing MPDDC's written test before your prospect day date? Was interested in doing that sometime in November prior to my December Prospect day....thoughts?

Comment

• losjames15
                      losjames15 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      All it does is save you like three hours the day of.

• Originally posted by PA_Ed View Post
                    Anyone have experience with completing MPDDC's written test before your prospect day date? Was interested in doing that sometime in November prior to my December Prospect day....thoughts?
                    Why would you not? I can't see it being a disadvantage.

Comment

• PA_Ed
                      PA_Ed commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Spot on, I don't think its a disadvantage - I am eager to begin the process and thought it was a good idea/opportunity.

• Has anyone been accepted into the November 25th class?

Comment

• Kps13
                      Kps13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Word they told you the 25th would be the next class though?

• losjames15
                      losjames15 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes when I was sitting down at the medical they said we would have a chance at getting into the November class if everything went well so I’m guessing the end of this week is when people will start hearing back.

• Kps13
                      Kps13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You hear anything?

• losjames15
                      losjames15 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No I was waiting on my medical results. Did you hear anything? Plus how long did it take for your medical to come in?

• Next class is December 23 has anyone been picked up for that class?

Comment

• Anyone have any recent experience as a lateral to MPD? A lot of things have changed since I last checked their website and seems too good to be true from how it was before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
                        Anyone have any recent experience as a lateral to MPD? A lot of things have changed since I last checked their website and seems too good to be true from how it was before.
                        Let me know if you hear anything about this as I’m interested as well. 11 week academy sounds awesome

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12176 users online. 404 members and 11772 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X