300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPD Application Process

Aaaa! I applied for the MPD back in March but never received a booklet or registration. I was told I could just show up to the POST on May 17th, so I went to take the test. It was pretty easy and overall a good experience.

Today I received a letter in the mail (dated May 16th) that I wasn't qualified because I didn't have 60 college credits! I just graduated from college, so I checked in to see what was up. It turned out that there are only two spaces on the online application. My 138 credits became 13. They told me to reapply, so I did (less than five minutes after I hung up, haha), but I'm afraid it's going to interfere with the rest of the process.

Do people know how the MPD deals with things like this? Can I expect it to take even longer, or will things be back to normal by the time I get my POST scores? How long from the POST was the rest of your application process? And congratulations to everyone who's since been accepted for the end-of-May academy!

Originally posted by PopPopPop View Post
    Aaaa! I applied for the MPD back in March but never received a booklet or registration. I was told I could just show up to the POST on May 17th, so I went to take the test. It was pretty easy and overall a good experience.

Today I received a letter in the mail (dated May 16th) that I wasn't qualified because I didn't have 60 college credits! I just graduated from college, so I checked in to see what was up. It turned out that there are only two spaces on the online application. My 138 credits became 13. They told me to reapply, so I did (less than five minutes after I hung up, haha), but I'm afraid it's going to interfere with the rest of the process.

Do people know how the MPD deals with things like this? Can I expect it to take even longer, or will things be back to normal by the time I get my POST scores? How long from the POST was the rest of your application process? And congratulations to everyone who's since been accepted for the end-of-May academy!
    It may take a little while unless you make yourself heard.
    Call them again and ask if you can come down and get the blue book.When youre done (a week?) drive down and hand it back in. Everyones process is a little different. Ive heard as little as 3 months and as much as 7. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Red2 View Post
      It may take a little while unless you make yourself heard.
      Call them again and ask if you can come down and get the blue book.When youre done (a week?) drive down and hand it back in. Everyones process is a little different. Ive heard as little as 3 months and as much as 7. Good luck.
      Thanks!

They told me to just resend my application with 99 credits, so I did that. I got a 98 on the POST and mailed in my blue book yesterday. I hope they get it soon! I think I might call Recruiting on Monday (or Tuesday?) to see if they received it.

I have some more questions about the process (is the psych very hard? is there a polygraph?) but I suppose I'll have to take it one step at a time.

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks!

They told me to just resend my application with 99 credits, so I did that. I got a 98 on the POST and mailed in my blue book yesterday. I hope they get it soon! I think I might call Recruiting on Monday (or Tuesday?) to see if they received it.

I have some more questions about the process (is the psych very hard? is there a polygraph?) but I suppose I'll have to take it one step at a time.

Thanks again!
        The psych exam is just time consuming and redundant as far as the questions. No polygraph. I DO think they do a better than average job at screening though. Also, make sure you are doing some PT as often as you can. It s just one less thing you have to worryabout once youre there.

Comment

How is the PT?
          Im a former Marine so you know I train
          I heard on this site that they dont do any more than 8 miles running?
          Alot of people asked that Q on here but no one has answered about the PT there,...

-MpD Applicant

Comment

Is there an oral board? I consider myself relatively eloquent, but I'm not sure; I get nervous easily...I do train a lot. I run 4 miles a day and do push ups and sit ups, but I wish my upper body strength was better than it is!

My background investigation should begin soon...we'll see how it goes! Thanks!

Comment

Negative oral board. You might meet with your BI face-to-face, some applicants get a home visit and some do not - my BI didn't even want to see me but I made it a point to go meet mine at the BI office. I just wanted to see who it was that I was speaking with over the phone.
              sigpic

Comment

True No Oral board,...
                I was told I will receve a home visit....
                But will Anybody on here answer my Q?
                About PT ,....?

-MPD Applicant

Comment

Originally posted by Teflon Africon View Post
                  True No Oral board,...
                  I was told I will receve a home visit....
                  But will Anybody on here answer my Q?
                  About PT ,....?

-MPD Applicant
                  The PT is comparative to some of the better whippings you get in the Marine Corps. Right now there seems to be a process of making it a little easier, but it hasnt come to full fruition as to what they want it to look like. I believe some recruits have been injured,but Im not 100%. (This is just "word on the street" type info.)

Comment

Took the test May 17th on saturday. May 22, wednesday I recieved a letter in the mail that I passed with an 86%. I called the recruitment officer, The Officer told me that I would start my background in two weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the info,..
                      you start to wonder After training,..
                      What it would be like anywhere else,....

-Mpd applicant

Comment

Hello, Just curious as to how everyone is doing in the process? I just took the test today 6/3/08, and in the process of completing my BI packet and hope to send it in on Friday. I see that quite a few of you received your test results within 3 to 4 days of taking the exam. I hope the same for me. I did not expect to be at the test site for 5 hours LOL.

Comment

Hi Delta!

Yeah, I received my test results very quickly! Because of the problems with my application my process has been slow, but today I got an email saying my case had been forwarded to the review board. I'm not completely sure what that means; I wrote back asking a few questions and asking how I could help, and I'll call back in a week or two.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Hi Delta!

Yeah, I received my test results very quickly! Because of the problems with my application my process has been slow, but today I got an email saying my case had been forwarded to the review board. I'm not completely sure what that means; I wrote back asking a few questions and asking how I could help, and I'll call back in a week or two.

Good luck to you!
                            Hey, POP
                            Thanks for responding. I am about finish with my BI Packet and plan to submit it in person tomorrow, If my time allows me to.

Comment

I got a letter from my BI saying to expect something in the mail. I still have no idea what that means. He said the case had been forwarded to the review board, but I have no idea how that's possible; there's no way he could already be done. Maybe he meant something else?

Good luck with your application, Delta! And good luck to everybody. It's a pretty long process...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11909 users online. 494 members and 11415 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X