Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone apply for the new Pentagon Police announcement...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone apply for the new Pentagon Police announcement...

I did. Anyone else??
    "...Uncommon Valor was a common virtue."-- Adm. Chester A. Nimitz

I applied last week. The Recruiter said the process could take 3-9 months.

Comment

that seems about right. i am not a LEO, so i am not even sure if my resume is going to have "qualifying experience". i've been doing armed security for 3 years. the recruiter told me that they were going to hire more than 30 people despite what the announcement stated. i have been waiting for about 2 years for them to do another hiring push.

Comment

I would seriously suggest looking elsewhere. While it is a foot in the door, they have had lots of problems since 2003.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

problems? like what?

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            I would seriously suggest looking elsewhere. While it is a foot in the door, they have had lots of problems since 2003.
            Things are turning around under the new Director. We've been hearing about a lot of positive changes that are going to be taking effect in the very near future.

Comment

I understand that the Director is former Secret Service & the Chief was a 1st Sgt. with the Virginia State Police. Which should make for some interesting conversations in the "war room", two different schools of thought there.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                i for one appreciate the advise Orlando. it could be a foot in the door for me or it could be the start of a long career. people that are lucky enough to get hired there win either way!

Comment

So what are/were the problems that you heard of Orlandofed5-0.

Comment

Yeah what problems,, dont drop a bomb like that and then clam up ... DETAILS PLEASE

Comment

Beware if the Secret Service is running anything......look what happened to the FAMS!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawseeker View Post
                        So what are/were the problems that you heard of Orlandofed5-0.
                        IAD (Internal Affairs) SGT had some issues a while back and I believe she is still in custody with the local County Police..... That was posted on here by myself and several others a while back.....

Thats all I have heard of....

I do know my buddy that was there left (as a SGT) because he got tired of things......and is working elsewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by fedny View Post
                          Beware if the Secret Service is running anything......look what happened to the FAMS!
                          USSS Mafia is a fun bunch.....Some are good cats.....others....not so good....

Comment

Originally posted by fedny View Post
                            What do you mean by this? did USSS have a big hiring push at the same time and every other agency got the shaft when it came to funding for manpower?

Comment

The Pentagon is a misleading place they are getting ready to lost 40-50 officer BE WARE!!!!!!!
                              sigpicThey go thru such training
                              They graduate with honor their uniform is neatly pressed
                              Their shields shine in the sun this is the pride that a police man takes

They patrol our streets with such pride
                              Day and Night they keep us safe
                              For the love of the job
                              for caring for others
                              Our Nation's Police Man
                              Patrols with such pride

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7660 users online. 332 members and 7328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X