300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPD schedule

I did a search function but coudnt find anything recent. What does the MPD schedule look like? How many shifts are there? What are the hours? If the 5x8hr work week is still on, any chance that will be changing?

Tours are 8.5 hours. We work 5 on, 2 off.

At my district the daywork tour is 0600-1430 or 0700-1530. The evening tour is 1400-2230 or 1500-2330. The midnight tour is 2200-0630 or 2300-0730. The powershift tour is 1800-0230.

Every districts tour start/finish times vary.

Comment

Permanent shifts and days off?

I remember hearing about a pilot program testing out four 10-hour shifts. What ended up happening with that?

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
        Permanent shifts and days off?

I remember hearing about a pilot program testing out four 10-hour shifts. What ended up happening with that?
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
          Tours are 8.5 hours. We work 5 on, 2 off.

At my district the daywork tour is 0600-1430 or 0700-1530. The evening tour is 1400-2230 or 1500-2330. The midnight tour is 2200-0630 or 2300-0730. The powershift tour is 1800-0230.

Every districts tour start/finish times vary.
          What do you mean by "powershift" is this some sort of supplemental shift that is called out during high crime times or something?

Comment

Many Depts run Power Shifts - mine calls them a Cover Shift. It is just another shift that runs continuously boosting manpower during the late-evening & earlier morning hours.

I spoke to two officers w/MPD that work another power type shift, one was in 7D and he was on foot patrol (w/several other officer) - I think he started around 1200 and went to 2030? The other was in 1D and he was on bike patrol, also worked something like a 1200-2030.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krinkbusta View Post
              Many Depts run Power Shifts - mine calls them a Cover Shift. It is just another shift that runs continuously boosting manpower during the late-evening & earlier morning hours.

I spoke to two officers w/MPD that work another power type shift, one was in 7D and he was on foot patrol (w/several other officer) - I think he started around 1200 and went to 2030? The other was in 1D and he was on bike patrol, also worked something like a 1200-2030.
              That sounds more like a "business beat". Power shifts are shifts designed to supplement the evening shift and midnight shift during what the dept calls "peak" hours.

Comment

Full stride

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                That sounds more like a "business beat". Power shifts are shifts designed to supplement the evening shift and midnight shift during what the dept calls "peak" hours.

Exactly....those are the Full stride/Foot beat units....

Power shift runs normally....1800-0200....(busiest hours), similar to the NYPD's "impact" shift.

Comment

Obviously my previous reply was for Krinkbusta.....CC already knew it:-)

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                    I like your other icon better. Badge? The MPD vehicles are cooler.

Got the call: Report late April. Awesome!

Comment

Congratulations, Red2!

Comment

Originally posted by Red2 View Post

Red2,

When did you take the written test for MPD? I am being held hostage by that Psych Doc... She has still failed to complete my Psych PW and forward it to the appropriate people... I completed the Psych exam on 03/18 and met w/her on 03/19. I called the medical unit a few times to check the status and spoke w/a very nice woman - yesterday she advised they are still waiting for the Psych report... Apparently there is a stack of other peoples cases sitting around waiting b/c they are lacking finished reports from the red head...
                        sigpic

Comment

krinkbusta,

I had my interview with her and she had to move offices and wound up starting 45 minutes late. It seemed like she was very harried. She was nice though and hinted that I passed by saying she couldn't tell me, but "you might be able to tell by how long I spent with you." I took that to mean since the interview was very short, there were no issues. I hadn't heard there was an issue with her filing the reports though. I was planning to check with my BI today. I'll ask about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Red2 View Post

Now thats sweet! See you when you graduate next year!!!

Comment

your lucky they only gave me 7 days to report

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4431 users online. 314 members and 4117 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X