300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletc Uptp

Yes, another FLETC thread. I searched for any information I could on the UPTP course at FLETC and found some good info like; bring a car, insect repellent, fridge, etc. But what I really want to know is what is the ratio of classes-classroom/hands on/PT and such and what is the daily regimen like? What is the PT like, etc.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's all going to depend on your agency as to what you do. Expect PT/DT 3-4 times a week a 2-3 hour clips at a time.

The rest of your time is classroom/practicals.

My guess is 60-70% classwork and remainder DT/PT.

USCP and SSUD in my opinion have the toughest DT/PT in the UPTP program.

US Marshals PT/DT was rediculous looking as far as being difficult
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

What abour Border Patrol? How tough is there training at FLETC?
      "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

Originally posted by DPS55 View Post

BP has their own thing in Artesia,NM.

This poster is referring to UPTP in Glynco,GA.
        Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by DPS55 View Post
          Yeah Border Patrol training is in Artesia but I hear it's probably the toughest academy on earth...

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
            BP has their own thing in Artesia,NM.

This poster is referring to UPTP in Glynco,GA.
            Oh ok Im sorry. I thought that they went to Glynco as well
            "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

Were there any PT tests? Was some of the PT in the weight room? Between one og my buddies and the FLETC I found:

"The DT and PT are now mixed all into 1 class (2 hour blocks) and called ORT. They have 39 ORT classes in the 3 months but that's not including the practical exercises. The testing from what I was told is pretty much the same. It is supposed to be more realistic then mixed basic was."
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Don't be one of the slugs who show up out of shape, you will not be well liked by your class. If you are in shape, don't worry about anything and have fun in GA.
                I'm not in shape yet. I have all of November to run, go to the gym and run some more. I EOD in December and head down to FLETC in February. I don't want to be "that guy" and should be able to get into gear in four months.
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky View Post
                  Were there any PT tests? Was some of the PT in the weight room? Between one og my buddies and the FLETC I found:

"The DT and PT are now mixed all into 1 class (2 hour blocks) and called ORT. They have 39 ORT classes in the 3 months but that's not including the practical exercises. The testing from what I was told is pretty much the same. It is supposed to be more realistic then mixed basic was."

This is correct but again it will depend on the agency as to how difficult it is. Some is in the gym and some is on the ground and sometimes both.

USCP got us in pretty damn good shape. Also mix in those sessions that don't show up on the sheet like the occasional 5am 5 mile run before classes even start.

What agency you with?
                  Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky View Post
                    I'm not in shape yet. I have all of November to run, go to the gym and run some more. I EOD in December and head down to FLETC in February. I don't want to be "that guy" and should be able to get into gear in four months.
                    Depending on your agency, you'll be inshape before you leave. When I was there, they worked you up to everything. We PTd every other day, after classes (4-630), and ran at least 2 miles during those days. During those runs, we would stop to do mtn climbers or push ups. They changed it up and once in awhile we would PT with the Air Marshals, which was pretty fun.
                    Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

How is the Pt for the BOP?
                      You don't need to tell me I am a son of a bitch, been one for years. The hours are good and theres no heavy lifting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kebemt View Post
                        How is the Pt for the BOP?

LMAO....Walking to eat I believe is their PT
                        Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                          LMAO....Walking to eat I believe is their PT
                          Really, I might be able to pass that
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

LOL thanks Guys i feel better about getting through it. When i went through with thet state it was not too bad enless you wanted to work out and get in shape then you could do it. I loved it cause I was so out of shape when i got there but they tought me how to get my self in shape and I have been doing that. I dont know how I will do if i get in with bop cuase I smoke but am trying to quit (3 weeks smoke free) I just dont want to get that far and mess up cause im not in shape enough...
                            You don't need to tell me I am a son of a bitch, been one for years. The hours are good and theres no heavy lifting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kebemt View Post
                              LOL thanks Guys i feel better about getting through it. When i went through with thet state it was not too bad enless you wanted to work out and get in shape then you could do it. I loved it cause I was so out of shape when i got there but they tought me how to get my self in shape and I have been doing that. I dont know how I will do if i get in with bop cuase I smoke but am trying to quit (3 weeks smoke free) I just dont want to get that far and mess up cause im not in shape enough...

When I was there EVERY BOP person in that class was grossly overweight,smoked and partied all night and every night. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about no matter what shape you are in. The definately don't do ORT in their program.
                              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11202 users online. 379 members and 10823 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X