300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA- Explosives Detection Canine Handler

There was an older post on this but curious if anyone has applied and been contacted to take the proctored test? I applied for the public posting and received an unsolicited email from USAJOBs indicating there is also a 2nd posting for federal/former federal employees to apply.

I know this job use to be very popular and still may be but so many LE and similar positions now are no longer as desirable in years past.

If you applied and have progressed in the process, curious to hear your activity-Thanks-

Why not be an actual sworn police officer,…….?

Comment

Need to live within 30 miles of the airport.

Comment

The announcement indicated 50 miles.

Comment

Yep. And past experience shows that’s not usually who they pick. I would apply anyway as they may open up mileage.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, Ill see what develops, Im a former fed employee w/ reinstatement eligibility as a DOD 0080 plus I have had GSDs for years.

Comment

I’ve applied about 5 times. The 3rd time, I finally took the test and passed. I was never contacted and results expired after 2 years. Good luck.

Comment

Is the test that hard, or did you just Choke,……?

Comment

The test is not hard.

Comment

Might be like the Asylum Officer jobs, use to be very hard to even get an interview, now, they cant find people to apply. But with this job, you need a fenced in yard, some experience with dogs and Security. As I said, Ill see what develops.
                    Last edited by dave18873; 11-14-2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

1st time applying and I just got word that Im scheduled to take the test. Did some online searching and not sure how current or accurate it is but for those that took it in the last year or 2, what were your thoughts?

There is a lot of online TSA CBT test samples which dont specify the K9 positions so curious if its mainly spelling, reading comp, grammar, etc.

Thanks for those who have recent and helpful info-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4856 users online. 283 members and 4573 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X