300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIH Police

NIH Police in Bethesda has several openings. You can find them on USAJOBS. Good place to get your FLETC cert.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

yawn.......

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
      yawn.......
      Why post if you have nothing add to the thread other than some smart *** remark....?

Comment

I've worked with NIH PD several times over the years, usually on one training gig or another. I don't have the impression that a shift at NIH PD is an episode of "CSI: Miami", but you're less likely to be on a fixed post than at many uniformed federal agencies.

The NIH campus is a large health care facilities with thousands of people coming on campus each day. It includes some residential facilities for families of NIH patients. The agency includes canine, investigations, and traffic units. Fixed posts are generally handled by contract security officers. NIH does have some facilities in Rockville and an off-site location in the Northwest (Idaho, if I recall).

Like any other job, don't expect it to be more than it is, but NIH PD would certainly be worth looking at, especially if you want the FLETC certification.
        John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
          yawn.......
          Don't yawn too much. A realistic recent college grad with good head on his shoulders would jump on the opportunity to get this job. If it turns out not to be the job for you, you can always make a move with a good job on your resume.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
            Don't yawn too much. A realistic recent college grad with good head on his shoulders would jump on the opportunity to get this job. If it turns out not to be the job for you, you can always make a move with a good job on your resume.
            Exactly! I look at all federal positions with the same open-mindedness. And in my honest opinion, unless you have worked for "blank" agency, I don't think someone has the ability to properly criticize or extoll virtues. I have two BA's and law degree, and I am looking at the NIH, and would take said position to get the fed. cert. Besides, I may love it there and not want to leave. Granted NIH may not be wildest place to work, but neither are 99% of other departments.

Comment

I'm certain the Washingtonian on this board works there so if anyone has question you might wanna try him
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I apologize for my earlier comment. I was only thinking that patrolling a fenced campus would not be the most exciting LE job. But you all are definately correct - any LE job is a good stepping stone, especially feds. Sorry again.

Since at least one indicated you work(ed) there, I'm curious about what kind of stuff you get into. How many officers? I heard that the private security may be ditched and NIHPD might take over checkpoints?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6290 users online. 334 members and 5956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X