300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on MPD

I'm looking at considering different departments and DC has some really great benefits but I had a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with. About how long does it take before one can work in plainclothes? Also is there a typical route and minimum time in before one can make detective?

Originally posted by PaddyGalls View Post
    I'm looking at considering different departments and DC has some really great benefits but I had a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with. About how long does it take before one can work in plainclothes? Also is there a typical route and minimum time in before one can make detective?
    I knew guys that were in plainclothes 6 months out of the academy...

Comment

no timetable for plainclothes, details just come and go with no set rules. Vice you can apply for when they have openings. Obviously you need to have finished your FTO.

You need 3 years to be a detective. The application process is done every 2 or 3 years. Put in your app and see what happens. You can no longer just be chosen for detective.

Comment

There have been people at my district get detailed to vice/focus mission units right out of the academy, cause they are fresh faces and the people on the streets have never seen them before.

Comment

in the academy, officer survival. does it cover water stuff? (can't swim)
          When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
          -JPR

Comment

Not in MPD's academy, we didnt go over any swimming lessons.

Comment

MPD academy does have an indoor pool. However, I can only think of 2-3 times we ever had PT in the pool. We had a bunch in my class who could not swim. They were given life jackets and were not utilized in the exercises unless we were in water shallow enough for everyone to touch the bottom.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tgis81 View Post
                MPD academy does have an indoor pool. However, I can only think of 2-3 times we ever had PT in the pool. We had a bunch in my class who could not swim. They were given life jackets and were not utilized in the exercises unless we were in water shallow enough for everyone to touch the bottom.

Tony
                Yeah they got that pool over at the academy, but they didnt provide swimming lessons. I was in class 2004-3. Officer Rorie and Kramer were my PT Instructors... Rorie used to make us jump in the pool with all PT gear including tennis shoes...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6222 users online. 328 members and 5894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X