300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD DAF Police officer position

Update #7:3/10/2021,I was emailed by HR and told CPO doesn't see me as qualified for the position. That's it fellas. I'm out of this race. Currently in the process of 2-3 others, no worries. This is just the name of the game.

Update #6: 2/24/2021, Supervisor emailed me this morning informing me that the position was dropped to GS-6 from GS-7. I'm no dummy, I said of course I'm still interested and signed the new Intent to Hire form. Then he informed me that the CPO stated my resume didn't reflect that I had the knowledge, or experience, for this job, so I had to add to my resume. I confirmed with the LT and he said i needed to add the KSA's to my resume, so I did. Now we wait some more.

Update #5: 2/11/2021, Chief called me and asked for my social and DL exp. date, so I know he's making progress haha.

Update #4: 2/07/21, Supervisor texts me and lets me know that I should hear back from Command within the next 3 weeks, so now I wait. He also told me the grade is GS-7, Supervisory Police Officer/ $43k a year, panama 10 schedule, and I "would be working on base for a while before actually attending VA-LETC," his words. Also told me DHA (Direct Hire Authority) has shortened the hiring process down to about 2 months. Will keep yall updated.

Update #3: 2/04/21, 0083 Supervisor sent me the Intent To Hire form. Signed and returned.

Update #2: 2/03/21, The Chief sent me the Conditions of Employment. Signed and returned.

Update #1: 2/02/21, I had my interview today with the HR Manager and his Lt. Both seem pretty confident that i'll get the job since they have DHA. He really just wanted to make sure I was in shape and I knew what I was getting myself into, and I should be hearing back from them real soon. So i'm pretty excited! I'll keep yall updated.

Edit: Sorry about this guys. When I posted this, i was on my phone and had no idea how to look up posts on the mobile site. Please feel free to delete this.

I applied to DAF Civilian Police officer position and the HR manager really took a liking to me, so I think I have a good chance at it.

Anyone here know what it's like working for DAF? I know many people dislike the Department of Navy civilian PO jobs lol.
    Last edited by ZeroMood; 03-11-2021, 02:41 PM. Reason: Dismissed
    Stay strapped, or get clapped.

-George Washington

Just know what to expect and what the job actually is. There is a number of past postings about DOD DAF police.

Comment

• Kraut0783
      Kraut0783 commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely, a good foot in the door and experience.

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir, exactly. I'm excited, our meeting is tomorrow. Not sure if it's an interview though, he just said he wants to meet me.

• OutofRoll
      OutofRoll commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea it depends on your base. Some actually do more police work than small county police or or most federal police 83 agencies.
      Think about it....
      Your work is more dangerous fast....
      domestics, PTSD, classified materials..., and everyone if not most know how to use a weapon and a few are special ops....

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      OutofRoll Wow, never thought of it like that. Thanks for the insight!

Just like all DoD base cop jobs, it all depends on where you're at. Some are better than others. You'll get to enjoy some southern hospitality in North Little Rock, Arkansas for 10 weeks whenever it opens back up.

Comment

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      This specific AFB is Robins, but I can look up more on that specifically. I'm sure there are postings on here about it. Thanks so much for the insight! I'm from the south, so I know all about that lovely southern hospitality.

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got to go to a VA Police Academy Graduation. It was an intimate and interesting affair. They really care about the veterans.

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      @scotty_appleton814 That's awesome man, glad to hear it.

I don't get why but this site isn't letting me update my post or comment on other's comments. So Update#2: He sent me the Conditions of Employment yesterday. I signed those and sent it back to him. Update #3: My (hopefully) future supervisor called me today and emailed me the Intent to Hire letter, which i signed and sent back.
    Stay strapped, or get clapped.

-George Washington

Comment

• OutofRoll
      OutofRoll commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep it up. Just think of these facts
      328.2 million + live in usa
      7.674 billion + in the world
      USA best place to live if not one of the best
      About 697,195 full time law enforcement officers in USA
      About 132,000+ federal police
      U one of them

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      OutofRoll You just keep opening my eyes with these statements! Thanks alot brother, I appreciate the hell out of that.

Only a gs 7 as patrol supervisor? Dang. Marine Corps basic patrolman are gs 7s. Patrol supervisors are 9s.

Comment

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure what the deal is, but I'm taking it lol.

• OutofRoll
      OutofRoll commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by OutofRoll; 05-02-2021, 05:17 PM.

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      OutofRoll Robins AFB

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4716 users online. 322 members and 4394 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X