300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS Police

Does anyone have any information on the uniformed IRS Police force at the IRS National Computing Center in Martinsburg WV?

Are they 083 Police or 085 Security Special Police?
    Are they armed?
    Do they attend FLETC?

Thanks in advance.

They're 0083 police. Yes they're armed and yes they attended FLETC..

I'm unsure if they're also around as they're supposed to be removed in favor of contract security
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I haven't seen an IRS police officer since 2008.

Comment

Appreciate the info. Trying to complete a collection of uniformed federal agency patches. IRS was my last one needed (The Armed Forces retirement home also, if they were/are 083 and FLETC trained). If they haven’t been around since 2008, going to be a challenge! Although LOC was a little difficult but I eventually found one. I work in a federal building maybe I will go downstairs to IRS CID and see if someone there could call down to Martinsburg to verify.

Comment

I'm friends with a former Chief of police from Armed Forces Retirement Home police.
          Attached Files

Comment

There are a handful of IRS cops left.

Comment

IRS Police patch
              Attached Files

Comment

Good deal! Do you happen to know the status of the armed forces home?

DOT MARAD and Arlington National Cemetery Police were also difficult and took awhile to get.
                Last edited by CT-Trooper1; 05-01-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I wish they had IRS Police at the New Carrollton location.

Comment

I believe at one time there was a plan to expand them to DC headquarters and a few other major locations but it never happened. Unconfirmed info..

Comment

In 2008, IRS wanted to expand it's police force nation wide at it's major facilities and do away with FPS contractors. FPS would of lost a huge amount of money.

As far as AFRH, they only had 2 0083's, the chief and deputy chief. The rest of them were 0085's.

Comment

Orlando,

Was that always the case that just the Chief and Deputy were 0083’s or did it happen slowly over time as people retired they replaced with 0085’s?

Comment

Originally posted by CT-Trooper1 View Post
                          Orlando,

Was that always the case that just the Chief and Deputy were 0083’s or did it happen slowly over time as people retired they replaced with 0085’s?
                          I believe they were reclassified to 0083 from 0080 to ensure a lesser grading. The rest were just 0085's with some limited special police powers given to DoD to protect the property. When I worked at the old Walter Reed, we would go down there at times to help out with traffic enforcement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4096 users online. 186 members and 3910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X