300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon Police Hiring 40?

I was browsing USA jobs and I saw that Pentagon Police has 40 vacancys? Are they that short or did they just get a big budget increase?

Thanks for the heads up ......I didn't even know they were hiring again.

Comment

Pfpa

I applied but I have read the many posts on this board about the process. It looks like a bunch of people went through the process but were left hanging for the better part of a year. Some still have not received the call after even longer. Not sure whats going on here but I am going to give it a whirl.

Comment

Go ahead and apply. What happened with me and a few others is that we applied for the location in Pennsylvania. There isnt as many positions available for Raven Rock in Adams County PA. They told me when I was there for the PFT that I would have to apply for both locations to be considered for both. I only applied for Raven Rock. I went ahead and applied for this location now but Im not sure if ill receive any special treatment for already finishing all the steps to get hired. Ill let you all know what I find out.
        Last edited by ck9960; 05-24-2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I checked WHS' website and my certificate was finally issued for the position in Arlington. Hopefully this means the ball is rolling. Anybody else apply?

Comment

Originally posted by ck9960 View Post
            I checked WHS' website and my certificate was finally issued for the position in Arlington. Hopefully this means the ball is rolling. Anybody else apply?
            What does WHS stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by JamaicanLP View Post
              What does WHS stand for?
              Washington Headquarters Services

Comment

I've applied for a few jobs with PFPA and they are slow. Real Slow. Real, Real Slow.

So just because you got the certificate issued don't get your hopes up.

Just an FYI.

Comment

i just got a call to retake my medical/ physical because it has been over a year since i took the last one for the position of police officer @ RR. This after recieving the e-mail @ the beginning of the year stating the job action was cancelled...? Needless to say i'm off to Washington next friday to take the med. / physical..Ms. Osbourne said they are offering me the job pending that.

Comment

Originally posted by bronxitalian35 View Post
                    i just got a call to retake my medical/ physical because it has been over a year since i took the last one for the position of police officer @ RR. This after recieving the e-mail @ the beginning of the year stating the job action was cancelled...? Needless to say i'm off to Washington next friday to take the med. / physical..Ms. Osbourne said they are offering me the job pending that.
                    Good luck as it seems like no one knows what is going on with PFPA.

They advertise jobs but the hiring folks never get the applicants that are fowarded on......once they interview the applications go into a state of "no man's land" and then they call out of the blue wanting to know if you are still interested 18 months to 2 years after the fact.......

Comment

WOW! Good luck brother. Please let us know how that goes. Did you reapply or call them or did they just contact you out of the blue?

Comment

WOW! Good luck brother. Please let us know how that goes. Did you reapply or call them or did they just contact you out of the blue?
                        I've applied and re-applied for several positions, have gotten the notification that my stuff was forwarded to the hiring authority then noting.

When I call, no one knows whats going on (if they even answer the phone) and they always make it a point to tell you that they are understaffed and to be patient.

I know a few folks that work there doing various things and they seem to like it. Being the highest paid PD in the area I am sure helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6130 users online. 367 members and 5763 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X