300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving and Supreme Court PD

Hello, I currently live in Central Florida, and am on the last phase of the hiring process for the Supreme Court PD. After FLETC, pay is $64k a year, then after 2.5 years it jumps to 75k. I am 23. Is it plausible to live comfortable, safe, and not broke with this salary(64k)? I do not want roommate. My monthly debts are around $750 a month. I am looking at living in Virginia because I have some "tools" that are not legal in Maryland or the District. For the first year, I will be alone, then my Girlfriend says she will move up. She just wants to make sure that I truly want to work and live up there. But who knows if she will really come.

I just don't want to uproot my life and move, and be miserable and broke. The selling point of the job is the 6C retirement. I could make around the same starting pay here in FL. But it would be as a deputy or local cop and the risks are leaps and bounds higher than Supreme Court PD. Thoughts?

Of course you can. People do it everyday here.
    1*

Comment

I have a family member who pays $2500 a month for his 1 bed/1 bath apartment, 2 parking spots, and included in the cost are small things like trash service, maybe cable, and includes the $50/month for cat pet fee.

This is in Alexandria, but it is close to DC proper and where he works (not SCPD). Could certainly pay less but you would live further away, and is spending 45+ minutes in traffic a day worth a few hundred bucks? You tell me.

That should give you an idea of rental costs.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Anyone have the SC pay scale by chance. Legit spent an hour looking out of sheer curiosity, reading OPM reports about SC police hiring and retention, etc. No dice.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

I do believe I just threw out the paperwork from SC lol. If I recall correctly it was 70 something after like 3 years.

And you'll do fine. I moved here for a LEO job at 47K and made do without a roommate.

If you want to life close to the city .... expect to live in a somewhat ****ty apartment ( I would say Alexandria VA and stay out of Maryland ... personal opinion).

OR live further out from the city and get something more decent.

Feel free to PM if I can help!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12675 users online. 496 members and 12179 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X