300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsa Police

Is there really gonna be a TSA POlice force?
    "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

From what I've read on the subject they tried but it didn't work. I don't know if they still plan to try and make it work though. The info I got on them were from other forums, so you can take it with a grain of salt.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by DPS55 View Post
      Is there really gonna be a TSA POlice force?
      Not going to happen.

It was going to be too costly and Airport LE Agencies were in an uproar about it.....and it went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        Not going to happen.

It was going to be too costly and Airport LE Agencies were in an uproar about it.....and it went away.
        thanks for the info

Comment

Not going to happen.

Give it some time.. Im sure it will rear its head again. Im also sure we can see a take over at Amtrak and greyhound terminals added in too.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Do you think it would be a good idea to form a new department such as this one. From what i have read there would be alot of absorbing of agencies and that seems very timely and maybe even costly to do

Comment

Originally posted by DPS55 View Post
              Do you think it would be a good idea to form a new department such as this one. From what i have read there would be alot of absorbing of agencies and that seems very timely and maybe even costly to do
              No....as when I looked into it, the only thing TSA wanted it's Police to do was stand at check-points and play LEO there.....which is what most Airport LEOs already do......

At least Airport LEOs move around....with TSA they were going to have them there for the entire shift......which would have a HUGE turnover rate......as who wants to sit around a check-point (especially a smaller Airport) the entire shift and maybe have only a few contacts.......

Plus, as I stated, Aiport LE Agencies will scream again as they want to handle stuff locally......as if it's something big....no matter who gets it first....the FBI will jump in and grab it .......

Let things be......

Comment

No....as when I looked into it, the only thing TSA wanted it's Police to do was stand at check-points and play LEO there.....which is what most Airport LEOs already do......

At least Airport LEOs move around....with TSA they were going to have them there for the entire shift......which would have a HUGE turnover rate......as who wants to sit around a check-point (especially a smaller Airport) the entire shift and maybe have only a few contacts.......

Plus, as I stated, Aiport LE Agencies will scream again as they want to handle stuff locally......as if it's something big....no matter who gets it first....the FBI will jump in and grab it .......

Let things be......
                Remember the old Fed Aviation Administration police? They went to mixed basic at FLETC. They were here in the city before MWAA came about and took over. Alot of their guys came over to MWAA. There had to of been a reason that move was made. Why go back?

Comment

Originally posted by haulndak View Post
                  Remember the old Fed Aviation Administration police? They went to mixed basic at FLETC. They were here in the city before MWAA came about and took over. Alot of their guys came over to MWAA. There had to of been a reason that move was made. Why go back?
                  If I recall, FAA Police were only at the DC Area Airports......and no where else....but I could be wrong....\

And yes....why go back.....?

Comment

Double post.
                    Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 05-17-2007, 11:12 PM. Reason: Double post.

Comment

If I recall, FAA Police were only at the DC Area Airports......and no where else....but I could be wrong....\

And yes....why go back.....?

Easy. Its all about who controls the $$$$. Im sure someone at DHS has already thought up away to get the whole TSA police back into the mix.

Atlantic city also had FAA police.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        Easy. Its all about who controls the $$$$. Im sure someone at DHS has already thought up away to get the whole TSA police back into the mix.
                        True....but DHS ain't got no money (just like everyone else Fed GOV wise) so I don't see it happening anytime soon.......

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        Atlantic city also had FAA police.
                        I did not know that......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2316 users online. 117 members and 2199 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X