300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do

Greetings. I’m flying from Florida to DC to take the POST for USSCPD. I’m 23, it’ll be my first time in DC, and I’m going alone. I’ll be there for Thursday the 12th and Friday the 13th. Thursday is a completely free day, Friday is test day and flying home. Any recommendations for must do and see during my free day? I’m staying at the Marriott by Ronald Reagan Airport and will being using an Uber to get around.

What do you like? Smithsonian museums are along the mall and are free. National Zoo is in Rock Creek Park and is also free.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

There's the Law Enforcement Memorial and the adjacent Museum. If I recall, admission to the museum is about $21. There is also the International Spy Museum with a similar price.
      John from Maryland

Comment

Buddy, you will be in DC, just make your way to the National Mall by bus. Get off at a something historic. AND do that until you run out of time. Trust me you run out of time before you run outta things to do.

Comment

You can take the Metro from RR to most of the city. NLEOM is at Federal Square. Be sure to try a grey water dog.

Comment

• Agregorya
            Agregorya commented
            Editing a comment
            What is a grey water dog? I tried to look it up and found nothing but legit grey water dogs lol

I'd head to Arlington National Cemetery or some of the Smithsonian stuff. I've done Air and Space and American History. Both were definitely worth the price to get in.

Comment

• Combymcbeardz
            Combymcbeardz commented
            Editing a comment
            The price of.. free?

Yes to all of the above. On one of my visits, my wife and I took a Segway tour. Lots of fun!

https://www.capitalsegway.com/?utm_s...BoCyh0QAvD_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
            You can take the Metro from RR to most of the city. NLEOM is at Federal Square. Be sure to try a grey water dog.
            Street corner hot dog, look at the water the dog gets fished out of.

I don't care, I like 'em.

Comment

There's a variety of young ladies of the night being paraded at K st near Dupont circle nightly
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thank you guys!! I flew in on Thursday morning and went exploring. First went to the Supreme Court to check it out and find out where I needed to go for test on Friday. Also networked with a few Officers. Then the Library, Capitol, Air and Space, Archives, White House, Washington Monument, then the Lincoln Memorial. Walked from 10am-6pm, 13 miles. The following day(Friday) I took the POST and caught my flight back to Orlando. I never found this grey water dog lmao. I looked and asked, no one could tell me where to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4865 users online. 197 members and 4668 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X