300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPDC Questions - out of towner

After I take the initial process of turning in an app, how long would it be until the next step of the process? Would recruiters be willing to schedule tests and evaluations so that I would be able to knock out everything in a week or so, instead of having to make many trips back and fourth every few weeks or so. Also what kind of time frame would I be looking at for getting a confirmed date to know if I got hired or not, and when the academy would be starting.

I know that there is no positive answer to these questions, but I would really like to get just a basic idea of what I would be looking at.

Originally posted by Floridaboy
    After I take the initial process of turning in an app, how long would it be until the next step of the process? Would recruiters be willing to schedule tests and evaluations so that I would be able to knock out everything in a week or so, instead of having to make many trips back and fourth every few weeks or so. Also what kind of time frame would I be looking at for getting a confirmed date to know if I got hired or not, and when the academy would be starting.

I know that there is no positive answer to these questions, but I would really like to get just a basic idea of what I would be looking at.
    The total process is between 3-9 months. Usually around 5 or so. You will be required to make at least two trips for processing. An academy class starts every month. If you recently applied and are hired you'd be in before the end of the summer.

Comment

I have some questions about DCPD

1)What kind of firearm do they use?
      2)Are there take home cars?
      3)What is the pursuit policy for the agency?
      4)How (iyo) is the morale?
      5)Tasers?
      6)Is there alot of racial tension between white officers and minority residents/minority officers? I doubt it but I heard some rumors....
      7)Is there alot of room for upword advancement within the ranks with a BA degree?

Comment

Originally posted by Floridaboy View Post

5)Tasers?
        6)Is there alot of racial tension between white officers and minority residents/minority officers? I doubt it but I heard some rumors....
        7)Is there alot of room for upword advancement within the ranks with a BA degree?
        1)Glock 17, 19 and 26.
        2)Some officers do.
        3)(Intentionally left blank)
        4)In my opinion, good. Others may have different opinions...to eaches own.
        5)No.
        6)(Intentionally left blank)
        7)Yes.

Other officers may answer the questions I left blank. Overall, it's a good agency with a lot of changes on the horizion.

Comment

Originally posted by Floridaboy View Post

5)Tasers?
          1)Glock 17, 19 and 26.
          2)Some officers do.
          3)(Intentionally left blank)
          4)In my opinion, good. Others may have different opinions...to eaches own.
          5)No.
          6)(Intentionally left blank)
          7)Yes.

Overall, it's a good agency with a lot of changes on the horizion.

Comment

we do pursue, to the surprise of agencies that have heard different. Just depends on the circumstances and the watch commander. No tasers. Some take homes, but only if you live in DC. Not alot of racial tension, not for me anyway. The new chief wants to improve morale *supposedly* but we will see. She seems to be very anti-union so far.

Comment

2) if you live in the city you can apply for one if they are available

3) only for violent felonies, and you sgt/lt may call it off anyway

4) depends where you work, but overall improving since the ramsey regime left

6) not really it could be a lot worse

7) degree means nothing, once you have enough time you can take the tests

7D, why do you say she is anti-union? I've only heard positive from union people.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4741 users online. 281 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X