300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPDC physical testing???

How does the MPDC do its physical testing for recruits at the academy?

Is there a final PT test at the very end of the academy or is it at the beginning?

Does anyone have the test/scoring procedure that they could post or PM me?

Thank you.

-VALAX5

The final PT test is held at the end of the 12 week PT block (10 weeks of DT's after that)...You have a total of 3 PT' tests, but the final one is the only one that really counts (not sure if that has changed or not)

I know some of the PT test standards have changed since I was last there, but maybe one of the other current recruits on here could fill you in on the scoring requirements...

good luck!

Comment

You will take three PT tests during your PT phase. The first is an assestment, the second is the mid-way point to see where everyone is at and the final test is for the gold. That is also the one when the PT leader for your class is won.

There are four events. 1.5 mile run, 300 meter sprint, pushups and situps. There is a chart based age and sex and for scoring. If you're having trouble passing the PT test there are remedial classes.
      Last edited by CPDjock; 04-15-2007, 11:38 AM.

Comment

When you say three PT tests during residential, do you mean the 4 weeks you live at the academy? Did they change the residential program?

When I went through we PT'd the entire nine months. We didnt PT the last week, that was for makeup tests for the one person who couldnt pass the test. DT's were on random days throughout the academy. We took one assessment test the first week and then 5 tests. You had to pass the last three or you didnt graduate. We did the same events plus vertical jump, but we had one standard for all. Although it didnt seem to apply to females.

Comment

Originally posted by substation
          When you say three PT tests during residential, do you mean the 4 weeks you live at the academy? Did they change the residential program?

When I went through we PT'd the entire nine months. We didnt PT the last week, that was for makeup tests for the one person who couldnt pass the test. DT's were on random days throughout the academy. We took one assessment test the first week and then 5 tests. You had to pass the last three or you didnt graduate. We did the same events plus vertical jump, but we had one standard for all. Although it didnt seem to apply to females.
          You have three PT tests during your PT training. After 80 hours of PT training you take the final PT test. PT is only the first 4-5 months. There is no residental living at the academy now. However, the first five weeks of the academy is still considered the residental stage. During this time PT is four days a week, after the first five weeks PT is 3x a week. If you pass your final PT test you start DT training. DT training is also 80 hours.

As far as I know the standards have loosened up a bit in the past several years but they do apply to women. Anyone that doesn't pass gets put on remedial.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6334 users online. 380 members and 5954 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X