300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department of Army Civilian Police (DACP) Academy

Can any one tell me what to expect from the Academy at Fort Leonardwood. Daily Routine, Academics, Physical etc Any insight would be appreciated.

The location changed since I went through in 2016 (refurbished barracks and a new classroom), but the course is pretty easy. Class started around 7-7:30, we had morning duties assigned (trash, cleaning bathrooms, etc for the common areas), we did 1 group PT session during the first week, the rest is on your own, with the exception of 3 standard DACP PT tests (2 normal, 1 alternate) which I don't think you even have to pass. First week was all legals with the legal test on Friday of week 1. You have weekends and any holidays off (holidays add extra days to your total class time though). After that they mixed in standard Police courses (Less-lethals, DUIs, SFSTs, handcuffing, OC spray (with personal contamination), EVOC, Ground fighting, defensive tactics) throughout the 9 weeks. You will go do Active Shooter response, access and entry control point check control, situational responses to various calls, the weapons familiarization and qualification, stress shooting course, weapons simulator... you can PM me for more info, etc. Overall it was a good course, they don't yell or treat you like basic trainees... you are treated like adults.
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

Wow, you covered exactly what I wanted to hear, thx. Much appreciated. One last question. Is the Cert good for anything other than Army? Not good for FLETC.

Comment

Nope, even the VA would make you redo the academy and it's the same accreditation
        Last edited by J2H; 06-16-2018, 05:50 PM.
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

It sounds like anyone who went through a local academy should be waivered out. That's my opinion though.
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

How long is that Academy Cert good for? I took it in 2011 but do no work for DACP anymore. I am a local LEO though.

Comment

Depends... there's no expiration date but your agency may want to re-send you to get the updated course. You'll have to talk to your training section. I went in 2016 and they let me back into DACP in June without repeating it.
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

• RVAhiker
                RVAhiker commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10830 users online. 396 members and 10434 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X