300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Questions

So I have a couple questions I am hoping you guys can answer. I will be done with my BS in Computing and Security Technology next June (2008). My first question is how early is to early to start testing and applying? I know that backgrounds take time and my goal is to have a job by the time I graduate. So should I start this summer taking test or wait until January? I am looking at SSUD, USCP, USPP, DC Metro, Transit Police, etc. My second question is will it look bad on a background if I apply and test at all of those agencies? I know some agencies here in New Jersey will not take you on if you background shows you applied at a bunch of other agencies. Finally, will any of these departments make use of my degree? Thanks in advance and for all the help already given!

1. Figure 6-8 months for hiring process

2. No,not really

3. It will depend on what you eventually get into but it can't hurt
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Awesome, thanks for info!

Comment

Originally posted by Luko
        So I have a couple questions I am hoping you guys can answer. I will be done with my BS in Computing and Security Technology next June (2008). My first question is how early is to early to start testing and applying? I know that backgrounds take time and my goal is to have a job by the time I graduate. So should I start this summer taking test or wait until January? I am looking at SSUD, USCP, USPP, DC Metro, Transit Police, etc. My second question is will it look bad on a background if I apply and test at all of those agencies? I know some agencies here in New Jersey will not take you on if you background shows you applied at a bunch of other agencies. Finally, will any of these departments make use of my degree? Thanks in advance and for all the help already given!
        SSUD will be about 6 months so dont apply for that until your within 6 months of graduating. No they don't care how many places you apply to just make sure each agency is number one on your list! With a computer degree you could try with the FBI, I know thats a specialized degree that qualifies you so try them. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys! I had another question. Do any agencies pull their uniforms to help with a case? Such as perhaps you have a background in something that could assist them? Thanks again!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4869 users online. 269 members and 4600 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X