300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington or Capitol Police

anyone out there work for either department? i hear cp is more of a security job which im not sure i want to get into, but the higher base evens things out. i dont here much about the arlington department but im trying to decide which would be a better place to get started.

Originally posted by atomicBOMB
    anyone out there work for either department? i hear cp is more of a security job which im not sure i want to get into, but the higher base evens things out. i dont here much about the arlington department but im trying to decide which would be a better place to get started.

Arlington is definately the typical police dept. and USCP is definately 90% security.

Why not apply to both and see what happens

I can answer USCP question as well as some others on here can also.
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

yea, i definately plan on doing that but i just want some insight on both departments. are you still in training chiller or are you out?

Comment

Originally posted by atomicBOMB
        yea, i definately plan on doing that but i just want some insight on both departments. are you still in training chiller or are you out?

I have been out for a while now
        Just shut your damn hole

Comment

It's really about what type of work you want to do, both now, and in the long term. Most of us are hard-chargers when we're 22-25 years old, and we want to chase down the bad guys and make arrests. If you think that you'll want to do old-fashioned police work for the next 25 years, go with APD, or another local agency, (or possibly the USPP.)

If you think that in the long run, you'd be happier having a more stable schedule -- and you're okay with spending a substantial amount of your career doing security-oriented work -- USCP has a lot to offer.

No offense to Chiller, but I don't see much logic in applying to both USCP and APD. You either want to do traditional police work, or you don't. The two departments have very different missions.

Comment

you make some good points, I guess I have a few things to think about before I apply. Thanks for the insight

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266

No offense to Chiller, but I don't see much logic in applying to both USCP and APD. You either want to do traditional police work, or you don't. The two departments have very different missions.

I definately agree but being that depts. in general are hard to get into,USCP could be used as a stepping stone on to better things or even a lateral if the traditional police route is one you strive for.

Just my 2cents
              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

i agree that u should pick the agency that does the style work u want to do. for more traditional policing go with arlington, if u want to do more guarding go with USCP. if u want the best of both worlds go to a county sheriff's office. pick a county that has a county wide police department so that with the sheriff's office u get a steady schedule and u can get into some action here and there.

Comment

Arlington!
                  The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

haha geezz
                    any reason why?

Comment

Don't know if it is still true, but I think you had to put in like 30 years to get something like 42% pay for retirement. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Comment

Retirement is 38% at 25 years and you have to retire at 57 years of age. USCP is a good job but if you want to work law enforcement then go to Arlington.
                        The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

Anything but USCP; even being a rural mail carrier or a janitor at Chuckee Cheese!

Comment

USCPOfc...why do you not like the job?

Comment

Originally posted by BravoSVO
                              USCPOfc...why do you not like the job?

Leave it at the dept. has screwed him royally recently
                              Leave Space Empty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5392 users online. 299 members and 5093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X