300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing in DC vs MD/VA suburbs?

I am a recent applicant to MPDC and one of my major concerns is finding adequate, acceptable housing. I know living in the city is always more expensive. Does the Dept provide incentives for living within limits? Take home vehicle policy etc? Any avenues/programs to find other MPDC officer roommates? What are the best places to live within a 60 min commute? Any advice along those lines would be helpful. Let me know.
    Last edited by jlb2120; 04-05-2007, 01:43 AM.

Maryland

If you are looking for roomates I would suggest Anne Arundel County or Annapolis.

Stay out of PG County.

Commute is not too bad nor that far

Virginia

I'm not too familiar with but some guys from my class live in Alexandria
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Columbia, MD isnt too shabby...

Comment

go look on craigslist.com
        i found a nice place in falls church when i first moved here, now i live in alexandria all due to craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by jlb2120
          I am a recent applicant to MPDC and one of my major concerns is finding adequate, acceptable housing. I know living in the city is always more expensive. Does the Dept provide incentives for living within limits? Take home vehicle policy etc? Any avenues/programs to find other MPDC officer roommates? What are the best places to live within a 60 min commute? Any advice along those lines would be helpful. Let me know.
          Depends what you are looking for.....

Are you married...? Are you single and looking to go places and hangout off-duty...? Are you wanting to just chillout and hang with yourself...?

I live in NVA.....and love it. I pay a little more for my area because I leave very close to a Metro stop. Lots of stuff to do, shopping in walking distance, etc......

Some places off Route 1 in Alexandria and Fairfax County suck. Been there/done that.

I got both of my apartments of craigslist. If you want to go it alone, you will be paying out the rear. Most places out here start well over 1K a month and when you get close to my neighborhood you will be paying at least 1400-2100 a month.....and yes....that's for a ONE BEDROOM!

It's nuts here.....but that's life.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357

It's nuts here.....but that's life.....

We know you like nuts but please keep your sexual escapades out of here
            Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
              We know you like nuts but please keep your sexual escapades out of here
              Bite my ***.....

Comment

haha

i got my place for 890/ month--not too bad for this area

Comment

Originally posted by atomicBOMB
                  haha

i got my place for 890/ month--not too bad for this area
                  Mine is slightly cheaper than that.....but I can walk to the Metro....walk to restaurants......and walk to the bars.....

Only downside, is that my landlady is crazy......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5652 users online. 327 members and 5325 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X