300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPDC hiring process

i just took my exam on march 3rd and i'm in the background check now. how much longer can i expect to wait before i am contacted for the next step? i hear it can take anywhere from 2-6 months. is anyone else going through the processs as we speak?

I think you answered your own question. 2-6 months. It depends on how motivated or lazy your background investigator is and what your background is like.

Comment

atomicBOMB:
      i took the test also on the 3rd, and im going through the process as well. I went through a background with them b4 in 05 and it was pretty quick. it took mine like two months tops.

Comment

I'm curious how many people were there at the test and how long the test itself took? Thanks.

Comment

it was like 40-50 people at the test majority of them looked middle aged mid 30s and 40s i seen a few like our age in thier 20's, the test itself took about 3hrs, first they give you one part and its a time limit of 1hour and 20 mintues to finish then you can take a break belive me you wont need the whole time to take it. then the second test and again give you a 1hr and 20minute time span.

Comment

For anyone that might've completed college recently, are you listing every residence you had in college for the Residence Data?

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear. My BI told me that my case was turned in the last day before the last academy started. She told me to sit by my phone, everything was looking very good and I might be in. The academy started 2 days later. This was beninging of Feb. I have been waiting ever since, but maybe the good news is that I have not received a rejection letter. I would have also been coming from Cleveland, so maybe that was put into consideration. So the waiting game continues....
              As for listing your residences, I would do exaclty what it says. If you had different residences, even college, then list them. I listed 3 different appartments while I was in college. You really don't want missing time.

Anyone know when the next academy will begin?

Thanks
              Last edited by Cold350z; 04-04-2007, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold350z
                I'm still waiting to hear. My BI told me that my case was turned in the last day before the last academy started. She told me to sit by my phone, everything was looking very good and I might be in. The academy started 2 days later. This was beninging of Feb. I have been waiting ever since, but maybe the good news is that I have not received a rejection letter. I would have also been coming from Cleveland, so maybe that was put into consideration. So the waiting game continues....
                As for listing your residences, I would do exaclty what it says. If you had different residences, even college, then list them. I listed 3 different appartments while I was in college. You really don't want missing time.

Anyone know when the next academy will begin?

Thanks

No idea here. But I am in the same boat. I took my med/psych on 2/27 and my stuff is at the final review board. I tried getting a better time frame as to when I would hear something but he said to, "wait, you should hear something soon." If he only knew of the adrenaline rush that occurs every time my phone rings... I will be coming from the Pittsburgh area.
                "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

For another perspective, I finished the entire process Nov. 05 and was told to expect the call towards the first of the year.

Rejection letter arrived in Aug. 06...

MPDC's process leaves alot to be desired to say the least in my opinion. It was by far the worst experience I had with any dept. process
                  Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Do they supply you with a definitive answer as to rejection in your letter?
                    "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by rleejr79
                      Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Do they supply you with a definitive answer as to rejection in your letter?

More qualified candidate based on background investigation is all it said. It did list a phone number to call and get specifics but I trashed it as I was already half way thru the academy with my present dept. so I didn't really care.
                      Just shut your damn hole

Comment

The next academy class begins on the 17th.

The hiring process is very quick overall. Chances are if you hit a speed bump it is during your BI. Most people are hired in well under 6 months. Like me. However, it does take a long time to find out if you weren't hired which leaves people hanging for a while.

Comment

I just took the test today (04/04) and am graduating in May.. during oreintation they told me to list all off campus houses I have lived in. And if your primary mailing address is still your parent's home, just put an asterisk by your school address and make a note that its your house at school.. They didn't seem to make a big deal out of it so I wouldnt worry

Comment

last week i was a little concerned bc my BI hadnt contacted me after i got my test results. well i decided to go by the recruiting office to see what the deal was and guess what...i definately got rejected! they told me i can apply again next year. still no letter but hopefully ill luck out like chiller and be half way thru training for capitol police by the time i get it. its back to the drawing board for me guys.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicBOMB
                              last week i was a little concerned bc my BI hadnt contacted me after i got my test results. well i decided to go by the recruiting office to see what the deal was and guess what...i definately got rejected! they told me i can apply again next year. still no letter but hopefully ill luck out like chiller and be half way thru training for capitol police by the time i get it. its back to the drawing board for me guys.

Don't sweat it bro. There are plenty of depts. out there

GL
                              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3482 users online. 195 members and 3287 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X