Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OrdiOrdi
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2018

Anyone going to the assessment in DC on November 9th? Would love to get in contact. I'm coming from Florida.

Comment

• EDDGUY
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

They have increased the minimum education requirement and they have also increased the psych eval threshold.

Comment

• OrdiOrdi
        OrdiOrdi commented
        Editing a comment
        To what? If we didnt meet the education requirement, they would not have invited us to the interview right? (I dont have a degree, but I'm going next week)

• EDDGUY
        EDDGUY commented
        Editing a comment
        The higher education applies to the October announcement. The higher psych threshold applies to anyone that hasn't gone through eval already.

• OrdiOrdi
        OrdiOrdi commented
        Editing a comment
        Any idea what the psych requirements are? I have no idea what that is or how its measured....

• EDDGUY
        EDDGUY commented
        Editing a comment
        The psych eval is mostly computer based evaluations. You'll sit down with the psychologist and they'll ask you questions. I can't say for sure what you need to pass. Since they've been having issues with some of the recruit classes they have increased the scrutiny of the psych eval.
    • Engine_702
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2016

USCP doesn't administer its own pysch evaluation it's contracted out to a third party. Which only makes a recommendation for hire. You are either recomended fit for hire or not. There are no thresholds

Comment

• EDDGUY
        EDDGUY commented
        Editing a comment
        So you're telling me there's no threshold or criteria for being recommended for hire? They just pull a yes or no out of the air? The agency reviews the psychologists report and makes the final decision based on their recently raised criteria.

• Engine_702
        Engine_702 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you read what I said they provide a recommendation fit or unfit. I went through the gauntlet phase August 21-23. Like I said there isnt a threshold. If I might ask are you currently on the job or recently through the process "?

• EDDGUY
        EDDGUY commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a current sworn member of the department.

• Chiller
        Chiller commented
        Editing a comment
        Fit or unfit based on a threshold that is now higher
    • Engine_702
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2016

..... message delete
      Last edited by Engine_702; 11-08-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• OrdiOrdi
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2018

What style are the questions during the interview (the one on day 2 of the assessment)?... Are they like "name an experience in your live when you had to report a coworker to a supervisor and how did you handle it" or are they more like "what would you do if you are on patrol and 2 people are fighting in the street"......

I mean like... are they drawn from your personal experience and you have to give specific examples? Or are they simulations of how you would handle something?

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
          One Night In Bangkok
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OrdiOrdi
          What style are the questions during the interview (the one on day 2 of the assessment)?... Are they like "name an experience in your live when you had to report a coworker to a supervisor and how did you handle it" or are they more like "what would you do if you are on patrol and 2 people are fighting in the street"......

I mean like... are they drawn from your personal experience and you have to give specific examples? Or are they simulations of how you would handle something?

You'll get a question like "would you masterbate with Chiller back to back so it's not gay while eating crab meat and looking at model trains?"
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Engine_702
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2016

Any have suggestions for a good pair of boots for the academy?

Comment

• 3Aiverson
              3Aiverson commented
              Editing a comment
              Nike sfb....

• EDDGUY
              EDDGUY commented
              Editing a comment
              Something with a side zip
          • OrdiOrdi
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2018

Passed the assessment over the weekend... Passed the poly, medical.... I think I did fine for the psych, and I think I did great on the final interview...... They basically just told me "alright you can go home now" after the final interview.... like 0 information....

Anyone know what comes next? There was several mentions of them trying to get our group into the Jan class. What should I be expecting now?

Comment

• 3Aiverson
              3Aiverson commented
              Editing a comment
              If you passed everything, Your investigator should be getting in touch with you soon. Visit your home, neighbors, etc.

• OrdiOrdi
              OrdiOrdi commented
              Editing a comment
              Any idea how hardcore the background check is? I'm a bit older and a serious homebody and moved away from my hometown like 12 years ago.... I also work online... So I didnt have anyone close to me to put down... I put down high school friends who I'm really not in contact with anymore.... You guys think this will be a problem? I would hate to get booted out because I dont have an outgoing personality.... I'd rather stay home and play video games rather than go out to bars or party.....

I am pretty worried about this....

• 3Aiverson
              3Aiverson commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn’t worry too much about that. In my case I didn’t know any of my neighbors so I didn’t put any down and it wasn’t an issue.
          • ballanman
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2015

Anybody in the next Class? Those currently in Class, how is it?

Comment

• Engine_702
              Engine_702 commented
              Editing a comment
              Im in the next one coming up

• OrdiOrdi
              OrdiOrdi commented
              Editing a comment
              What date Engine? They are trying to get me into the January class... I think they said Jan 7. Seems optimistic to me. Still waiting for my psych results and background check.
          • ballanman
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2015

Engine_702 I sent you a pm

Comment

• OrdiOrdi
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2018

So my investigator is coming around the first week of December.... How long do you think he will spend here? How hardcore are the investigations? I'm a bit worried because I'm an older applicant and I work on the internet.... I travel almost full time and really have no close friends since I left my hometown after high school and Ive been working online so I dont really meet people at all.... I'm REALLY stressing out about this because im worried my contacts will be like "Yea, I knew him 15 years ago... No idea what hes up to today"....

Y'all think this will be a problem? I know I have a super weird situation since I work on the internet and literally travel... live in hotels.... like 95% of the time since I was 18 years old.

Comment

• OrdiOrdi
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2018

Anyone in the January class? Would love to get in contact.

Comment

• rickiebarry
                  rickiebarry commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No I’m going there the 15,16 to conduct the first phase (exam,fitness and interview). How long was the hiring process for you?

• OrdiOrdi
                  OrdiOrdi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I applied in August, assessment in mid November... Waiting on my psych results now but I'm pretty confident they will get me into the Jan class.

• rickiebarry
                  rickiebarry commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok good luck !
              • CO college
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2019

Hello, is there anyone in the January academy that would like to go half on a ABB or hotel?

Comment

• ready2beblue
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2018

Anybody hear from their background investigator yet for those expecting academy in February?

Comment

• CO college
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2019

I got pushed back into the February academy, just give it some time, and you should hear from them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19461 users online. 54 members and 19407 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...