Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they notify you before starting your background investigation?

Comment

• Looking to find out more about USCP. How are the benefits, in addition to the general federal ones. eg. Do they have take home cruisers? Gov issued MDTs and cell phones? Also, I've heard that they are often forced to work double shifts and that their pay is capped, so sometimes they can only earn comp time for the extra hours worked, is this accurate?

Comment

• EDDGUY
        EDDGUY
        Forum Member
        EDDGUY commented
        Editing a comment
        K9 gets take homes, Some on call agents, inspectors and above. Patrol has MDTs they check out. Everyone gets a dept cell now. Chances are you'll get hit for at least one double a week plus a weekend shift. If capped they would have to work for comp. Our annual cap was $199k for 21 I would assume it will be the same for 22. Comp is earned at the same rate as OT.

• Originally posted by reddead24 View Post
      Looking to find out more about USCP. How are the benefits, in addition to the general federal ones. eg. Do they have take home cruisers? Gov issued MDTs and cell phones? Also, I've heard that they are often forced to work double shifts and that their pay is capped, so sometimes they can only earn comp time for the extra hours worked, is this accurate?
      Bwahahahaha! Seriously. Bwahahahaha!

Comment

• reddead24
        reddead24
        Forum Member
        reddead24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeh, I was told by one of their guys that sometimes they'd get notified by their sgt at the end of their shift that they had to stay another 8 hours...and this was before 6 Jan. I know they're hiring like crazy, so maybe its changed.

• Does anyone know where to find their salary info? I know they have the private - private first class pay on their website but no steps or anything beyond that. Google has turned up nothing beyond an old GAO report and they seem to use their own pay schedule independent of GS/GL. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddead24 View Post
      Looking to find out more about USCP. How are the benefits, in addition to the general federal ones. eg. Do they have take home cruisers? Gov issued MDTs and cell phones? Also, I've heard that they are often forced to work double shifts and that their pay is capped, so sometimes they can only earn comp time for the extra hours worked, is this accurate?
      I patrol the murderous streets of a suburban college campus, so take my information for what it's worth. USCP does not have takehome cruisers. I doubt MDT's are issued. Cell phones are a possibility (as I believe MPD issues them to their troops), but don't count on it. There has been a tremendous amount of holdovers and overtime, especially in the past year. Chief Manger is trying to hire more officers, but that obviously takes time. He is contracting with Inter-Con to supply fifty to sixty unarmed security officers to handle less critical posts in an effort to reduce holdovers.

John from Maryland

Comment

• Just accepted my conditional offer of employment today! I know there is a long way to go but its great to finally start seeing progress. I am also in the Secret Service Uniformed Division pipeline and passed the UDEE about 6 weeks ago but the process has moved significantly slower than USCP.

When it comes to Uniformed Division and USCP, any reasons why someone might prefer one over the other?

Comment

• EDDGUY
          EDDGUY
          Forum Member
          EDDGUY commented
          Editing a comment
          If you like to travel a lot UD would be a good fit. Both agencies are short staffed so there's a lot of forced OT at both places. UD falls under executive branch as far as vaccination mandates go. Capitol is under legislative and not subject to a mandate.

• Originally posted by thebugdude View Post
        Just accepted my conditional offer of employment today! I know there is a long way to go but its great to finally start seeing progress. I am also in the Secret Service Uniformed Division pipeline and passed the UDEE about 6 weeks ago but the process has moved significantly slower than USCP.

When it comes to Uniformed Division and USCP, any reasons why someone might prefer one over the other?
        UD has been quick for me. Went from app submission to poly in about 3 months. Same with USCP.

They pretty much do the same thing so whichever agency you feel aligns with you more then prioritize that one.

Comment

• Has anybody moved beyond the gauntlet phase yet? I tested the week before Christmas and I'm on pins n needles now because it's beyond my 15 day Psych result window.

Comment

• Originally posted by EDDGUY View Post
          Private First Class currently tops out at $116k that's before the 22 COLA
          Do they top out after 22 years like UD?

Comment

• EDDGUY
            EDDGUY
            Forum Member
            EDDGUY commented
            Editing a comment
            Start year 21 $115,379 start year 26 $116,717. This is our 2021 payscale. They haven't put out our 2022 payscale yet.

• Originally posted by EDDGUY View Post
          K9 gets take homes, Some on call agents, inspectors and above. Patrol has MDTs they check out. Everyone gets a dept cell now. Chances are you'll get hit for at least one double a week plus a weekend shift. If capped they would have to work for comp. Our annual cap was $199k for 21 I would assume it will be the same for 22. Comp is earned at the same rate as OT.
          Whats the current schedule? 4 and 2 eights? Do the new guys usually get sent to night shift?

Comment

• EDDGUY
            EDDGUY
            Forum Member
            EDDGUY commented
            Editing a comment
            Typical shifts are 8 hours M-F. New officers typically get mids 1500-2300 or nights 2300-0700.

• Anyone here going to the February FLETC class?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4102 users online. 220 members and 3882 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X