Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that work for the agency, how is the quality of life and schedule overall? If anyone doesn’t feel comfortable sharing here on the board, just PM me.

Comment

• wydstepbro
      wydstepbro commented
      Editing a comment
      MPD. As with almost any fed job the money is good. A lot of mandatory overtime from what I was told. 3-5 officer retention isn't the best so you're stuck with T/W or W/T for days off. Then there's court. USCP is going through a lot of change ever since the insurrection.

• Anyone know if the vision requirements are super strict? I wear contacts with 20/20 but the uncorrected vision says needs 20/40… that’s pretty darn good vision. Are there not lots of officers that wear contacts and glasses?

Comment

• NewLife34
      NewLife34 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are strict, I failed vision during my medical and was told flatout I need to get lasik or some other type of eye surgery. They don't care if your vision is 20/20 with contacts. Uncorrected Both eyes must be 20/40 better eye 20/60 worse eye 20/100 and both 20/20 corrected hope that helps. One more thing lasik will put you back three months, prk six months, and trust me i tried there are no waivers for vision.

• How long after the psychological do you get invited to go to DC to complete the other steps?

Comment

• barddy
      barddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I did poly/medical first then psych so guess it varies. When I completed the med/poly I was given psych date for the week after.

• slim8
      slim8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was surprised It was scheduled so early. Hoping the rest of the process moves along quickly now.

• Just remember the one's that actually get hired by the Capital Police, UPTP is not premilitary it's self. The agency will make you march everywhere.

Comment

• Applied: February 2021
      POST/Orientation: April 2021
      Pre-Hire Interview: May 2021
      Poly/Medical: June 2021
      Psych: July 2021
      Background: August 2021
      The Call/FLETC: September 2021

Comment

• Well I'm officially out of the running, good luck to everyone.

Comment

• How long did it take to get your results from the psych? Still waiting for mine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3009 users online. 129 members and 2880 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X