300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,
    I have been doing some outdoor running to prepare for the physical test. My test will be in mid Dec, will they have us run the 1.5miles indoor or outdoor? Is it safe to assume if there's no precipitation we will run outside? Also, does anyone know the PRT order?
    Thanks in advance!

Comment

• EDDGUY
      EDDGUY commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll run outside at the FLETC facility in Cheltenham MD. If the weather is too bad they'll cancel the assessment for the weekend.

• Hello everyone,
    it's me again, and I have a few more questions about the USCP process. I was wondering about the actual length of the polygraph. The emails/website tell me that the polygraph takes around 4-6hours (not sure of the actual time they said), I am wondering if it will actually take that long for each individual. I dont know, I'm thinking maybe the estimated time is for all parts of the gauntlet phase combined or I could be wrong.

Comment

• does anyone know the most recent tattoo policy? Example tattoos on arms or having sleeves allowed?

Comment

• How is the retirement here?( as far as pension percentage).

Comment

• Does Capital Police have 1811’s?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            They have criminal investigators, but they are not 1811's.

• Etoolqual
            Etoolqual commented
            Editing a comment
            No. Some of the “Special Agents” for CID, Threats, and Intel go to CITP. But they are not classified as 1811s, they are on the same grade and pay as a normal officer.

• Sports21
            Sports21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Etoolqual are they called special agents or nah? Why quotes? I don’t think postal inspectors dss or some others are technically 1811’s either

• Etoolqual
            Etoolqual commented
            Editing a comment
            Sports21 They are titled as Special Agents but they are not 1811 nor do they get paid in that regard. The DPD (Dignitary Protection Division) are called Special Agents but that’s just their title, those officers do not go to CITP not do they carry any 1811 status.

• Do they disqualify for bad credit? Working on fixing but was out of work for about 5 months at the tail end of 18. Also, had a suspension for not paying a parking ticket. What do you guys think?

Comment

• Msboadi
            Msboadi commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they do disqualify for poor credit, my credit score is really good and was really good when I applied back in 2017. But around 2008 I racked a lot of debt that I wasn’t paying on Thats the only thing I think held me back I passed everything written, oral, physical, poly, psych. then Had the background investigation my BI ran my credit 2 times that was the main thing she focused on . it shows irresponsibility and poor judgement I guess I’m sure I didn’t get chosen because of that

• Do anyone know if you lateral from MPD to USCP, would they match your pay, or you have to start over?

Comment

• EDDGUY
            EDDGUY commented
            Editing a comment
            You have to start over.

• Is there a possibility of a new hiring announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bidstar View Post
            Is there a possibility of a new hiring announcement?
            No one on this forum is clairvoyant as far as I know. The USCP website says:

Create a My USAJobs account here to register for USCP job opportunity alerts and to post a resume.

If you are interested in this particular job that would be the way to track if an announcement is made.

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you sir, appreciate it.

• New announcement out now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post
              New announcement out now.
              Thank you for the heads up!

Comment

• Happy J5 to all the Dreamers! 110 years of Achievement!

Comment

• They gonna need to really hire people now.

Comment

• Bidstar
                    Bidstar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Only if they didn’t had the mandatory requirement of needing 3 years of driving experience, I found out I didn’t qualify just because of that.
                    Last edited by Bidstar; 01-06-2021, 04:56 PM.

• I checked the last 10ish pages and didn't see it... apologies if asked/answered:

Any word if the retirement age would be raised? I'd like to work until 60/62 and am not sure if financially 57 would work... what do many USCP officers transition to?

If you're local LE do you get to skip any portions of the academy and "lateral" in some capacity or is it full academy start-finish?

Thanks.

Comment

• EDDGUY
                    EDDGUY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Current mandatory retirement age is 57. Waivers are available depending on dept needs up to age 60.

• Do they accept other agency poly or clearance

Comment

• EDDGUY
                    EDDGUY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not at this time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4133 users online. 262 members and 3871 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X