Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, I have a question pertaining to the CERT team. From what I’ve heard, most individuals on teams such as CERT/SWAT/SRT etc. are big and tall individuals. I wonder if it is possible to make a team like this as a person with a smaller stature (5’8” ish) as long as you are in shape and meet all other requirements? Or do you truly have to be a big person to make one of these teams?
    Thanks!

Comment

• If there isn’t a height requirement you should be fine

Comment

• Good Morning All,
        I was a USCP applicant in mid 2018, completed up to the Psych exam and did not move forward.

Does anyone know if I have to restart the application process from the beginning? Do any of my test scores/oral interview(s) etc remain valid for X amount of time? Can I restart the process from a certain point? Thank you

Comment

• varkoo
          varkoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Well as far as I know you won't be able to reapply again, but I couldn't be wrong. Not too long ago you could retest the Psych exam, but that not the case anymore. The best way to find out is by calling them. I can send you their email and phone number in a PM.

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not able to reapply again? Why would that be the case?

• varkoo
          varkoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Sometimes it could be case by case. I would call or email them if I were you.

• varkoo
          varkoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me know if you need their contact information.

• Hi all,
        quick question: do USCP Dignitary Protection Division Special Agents ever make the move over to USSS 1811? I would think that the Secret Service would value protective services work experience but I am not sure. Thanks!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Would they even want to?

• Chiller
          Chiller commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they do. Just my opinion but mainly to have the opportunity to go back to their home state at some point

• Hi guys,
        if a capitol police officer was to be selected for a specialty with one unit, can you switch to another unit down the line? Additionally, I wonder how rank works with this. For example, if someone joined a specialty as a private with training, and then after a few years wanted to switch to a unit with the requirement of Private First Class, would your rank go back to your rank prior to joining your first specialty?
        Thanks!

Comment

• Chiller
          Chiller commented
          Editing a comment
          You can switch specialties all you want but you’ll apply for it like every one else does...

Your rank is your rank. You won’t go down in rank unless you’re demoted...if you promote to Sgt while you’re on a specialty it’s 99.9% you’ll be taken off the specialty

• If you already have FLETC do they make you take their basic again?

Comment

• Back at the start of May I was given a ticket by a Capitol Hill Police Officer for driving with expired tags. I never got anything in the mail about the ticket until this week and since Im a DC resident the ticket doubled. My question is I applied with USCHP at the end of May before I go forward with putting my all into getting this job I was checking around to see if this ticket is gonna hinder my chances or even boot me out the process all together. I just dont wanna waste my time nor money in terms of applying and going through everything that Capitol Hill will require of me and then they turn me down.

Comment

• Etoolqual
            Etoolqual commented
            Editing a comment
            If you paid the ticket, you’re good to go. Don’t worry about it.

• Good morning
          SO I HAVE COMPLETED EVERY STEP OF THE PROCESS
          WRITTEN TEST, PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST, BACKGROUND INTERVIEW, POLYGRAPH, psychological exam and medical. I finished the last 3 on September 5. It's now September 19. I was wondering how long it would take to find out the results and when I would start the background process

Comment

• Good morning
            SO I HAVE COMPLETED EVERY STEP OF THE PROCESS
            WRITTEN TEST, PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST, BACKGROUND INTERVIEW, POLYGRAPH, psychological exam and medical. I finished the last 3 on September 5. It's now September 19. I was wondering how long it would take to find out the results and when I would start the background process....

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              The background has probably already started if they are on their job. When I was going through the process so long ago, Capitol Police and Border Patrol were neck and neck in the preliminary stages of the application process. However, when it came to the background, CP was really sandbagging.

• Hey everyone, I wanted to know if this is a good job to be part of, I hear they make good money in this agency

Comment

• EDDGUY
              EDDGUY commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, we do make good money.

• Good afternoon
            I just wanted a little information based on people's experience with the police officer process for Capitol Police or any police agency
            So I have completed every phase of the process(minus the background check) and I completed that on September 5. I just called them today 10-3-19 and they informed me that they will send out email letters at the end of the month or by early November 2019. He also mentioned that he doesn't have a exact answer in where am at in the process. My question is based on your experiences, what does this mean exactly? Do you think it would be good news or a No thank you letter?
            I'm keeping my confidence high but also preparing myself

Thank you for giving your time reading this and thank you more for answering

Comment

• EDDGUY
              EDDGUY commented
              Editing a comment
              If you get an email or a letter it's a no thank you. If you get a phone call then they're offering you a position.

• Hello Everyone, my girlfriend just applied for USCP, and she will be taking all the entry exams next month. Any tips or suggestions on regards on how to prepare for the written test?

Also, how is the FLETC academy experience for a woman?
            Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• EDDGUY
              EDDGUY commented
              Editing a comment
              Google POST test. Their are multiple practice tests. It's real basic stuff.

• Hello,
            I applied to the USCP and I received an assessment invitation. Being that I am from out of state one of my many questions about the trainings is will there be a dorm situation or will we be required to find our own housing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freshman View Post
              Hello,
              I applied to the USCP and I received an assessment invitation. Being that I am from out of state one of my many questions about the trainings is will there be a dorm situation or will we be required to find our own housing?
              For the assessment, you will need to get a hotel room. If you're hired, you will need to find an apartment or housing situation in the DC area. For FLETC, you will have a dorm room.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Are there bonuses or a higher initial pay for those with degrees?

Comment

• Etoolqual
                  Etoolqual commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope. There is not.

• EDDGUY
                  EDDGUY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol no you get paid the same whether or not you have a GED or a PhD.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3474 users online. 161 members and 3313 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X