Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody from December medical , poly, and psych hear back from their bi since government opened back up?

Comment

• rickiebarry
      rickiebarry commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there Just a heads up that even because the government was partially closed this did not effect the Capitol Police hiring process. That being said I also wanted to let you know that I took the Medical, Poly and Psych and got verbal pass from the poly and psych after their interview with them. I took this on the 23rd, 24th and 25th of January and I have not heard anything from them. Also I believe they told me it takes 3 weeks to get the Psych results. If I were you I would just email whatever investigator you were assigned or call their recruitment office and just ask them if you are still being considered. I remember when I was waiting to be called for my polygraph examiner, someone called and asked if they were being considered still and they would told yes. Also I remember that during the psych test during lunch one of the other applicants told me he was contacted yesterday from their background investigator to start his background check(this was before he even passed his psych exam).

• Would someone be able to give me some information on Capitol Police Dignitary Protection Division? How competitive is it to get in there, how much time must you have on before being considered, etc. Also, what would a work schedule look like for a DPD special agent? I've found some dated information on this in other threads, but was wondering what the current situation is. Thanks!

Comment

• hopefulfed36 you have to be on for a year or more. Their schedule is extremely hectic, they go months without days off.

Comment

• Pgkid thanks for the response! Anyone else have any more specifics they could share about DPD?

Comment

• Has anyone had their background check started yet? Did they notify you ? Also how long was it till you got notified of you poly/interview/psych results?

Comment

• Blueman19
            Blueman19 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good morning rickiebarry. did you finally hear back regarding your results. I am waiting for mine, but not sure if they come via email(bad news? ) phone call ( good news?)

• I applied do they usually hire a lot of people what’s current salary look like ?, they attend Fletc for training?

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'm currently in my sophomore year of college and looking to get into Federal LE once I graduate. One of the agencies I'll be applying with is USCP. I wonder if anyone has an idea of how soon before graduation I should apply? Additionally, does anyone know how many academies there are per year? I am wondering how long after graduation I would have to wait before going to the academy if I was fortunate enough to be offered a position.
            Thanks!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              Now this all depends on what is good for you and yours Take these points into consideration if you haven't already done so.

1. Truthfully, if you apply now, I don't think you will finish school before the completion of the hiring process unless you enroll in summer classes and/or take 15 credits per semester instead of 12. And even then...
              2. If you are hired, you will obviously have to complete an academy. They usually send you to an academy about 30 to 90 days after you accept the final offer.
              3. Because of the academy and the job location, you will have to transfer schools eventually.
              4. You will have to work shift work...days, swings, and nights. Additionally, you will have to work overtime.

You should take some time to reflect on your ultimate goal. Are you trying to get your foot in the door and later apply to another agency (i.e FBI, DEA, ATF, USPIS)? If that is the case, then I would apply to USCP during this current announcement. Most FED LEO applications are long and arduous processes, and time lines vary greatly between 6 months to 4 years. An ideal situation for you might be to apply and go through the hiring process while you are still in school. You will have to travel to DC for some parts of the hiring process, and then, if you are hired, you will have to attend an academy. If you haven't finished school by the completion of the hiring process, then I would suggest enrolling in a school that has an ASYNCHRONOUS online program (accredited...of course). That way you can finish your degree on your own schedule and work at the same time. I earned my bachelors (Cum Laude) and masters (3.6 GPA at Clemson University...2019 Champions!!!) while working shift-work and taking care of two young children while my wife was deployed with the military for the majority of the time. It can be done! It took me 5 years to complete undergrad and grad school online, and I started with credits equivalent to a sophomore. I don't know your current personal situation, but if I can do it (as lazy as I am) then anyone can do it.

If you did the same thing you would have at least 5 yrs of law enforcement experience/seniority (which only matters internally) and your degree which looks better on a resume than just having a degree. Also, starting early would allow you to have 5 yrs worth of contributions to your pension and Thrift Savings Plan (like a 401K). Finally, you will have 5 yrs worth of leave.

If you want to graduate from your current school before you start with USCP, I would suggest applying during the last few weeks of you last semester before graduation. That way you won't be between jobs for too long. Just hope that there will be another announcement by then or pray that there will not be another hiring freeze or gov shutdown.

Also, government agencies (including law enforcement) periodically have announcements for recent graduates, so that's something else to consider. Keep those grades above a 3.5 and you will be good for any government employment.

Just my two cents!

Colleges with ASYNCHRONOUS online programs:

-Brigham Young University
              -UNC Chapel Hill
              -University of Arkansas (I think this one is the cheapest at $130/cr)
              -Texas State
              -University of Florida
              Last edited by Radio Raheem; 03-11-2019, 04:26 PM.

• Thanks for all the great info Radio Raheem ! I appreciate the insight. I definitely want to graduate from my current school before beginning with USCP or another agency. I think my ultimate career goal could include becoming an 1811 with one of the agencies that you mentioned, but I could also see myself making a career out of USCP with some of the specialty units there. In your opinion, if I have a bachelors degree and work with USCP for some time would I have a decent shot at some 1811 positions?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe you would have a better shot than someone with a bachelors and no experience. You have to remember that these positions are very competitive. You will be in the running with folks who have undergrad, masters, military, professional experience (MD, JD, CPA, etc.) prior 1811 and/or law enforcement experience. Don't let that discourage you from applying, but be aware of your competition.

• I see this thread is much slower than the CBP board - I just sent in my application last night.
            CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
            EQIP - Completed
            Medical Exam - Completed
            Structured Interview - Completed
            Fitness Test - Completed
            Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Good morning folks,

upon reading the email with the instructions for Assessment, there is a paragraph that says,"Eligible candidates who are able to stay in the Washington D.C, Metropolitan Area to continue testing immediately...." My best guess is that they are referring to the Gauntlet phase? Does anyone have an idea as to how long the waiting period for Gauntlet after Assessment is please? Thank you!
              Last edited by computador; 03-26-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• EDDGUY
                EDDGUY commented
                Editing a comment
                If you pass the weekend assessment they will give you the option to start the Gauntlet on Monday. Depending on how many pass will dictate how many spots they have for the condensed Gauntlet.

• What is 1811 also what is top salary and after how many year do you get there. I see starting pay is 70k after a year that isn’t too bad.

Comment

• corsair
                corsair commented
                Editing a comment
                “Criminal investigators eligible for availability pay must be properly classified in the GS-1811 (criminal investigations)“

“After successful completion of 30 months of service, officers are typically promoted to the rank of Private First Class.”

https://www.uscp.gov/careers/police-...alary-benefits

“The GS-1811 job series covers positions which supervise, lead, or perform work involving planning, conducting, or managing investigations related to alleged or suspected criminal violations of Federal laws“
                Last edited by corsair; 03-30-2019, 10:43 AM.

• If you become a Private First Class is that the most money you can make at that position , do they have steps within that title? Or Do you have to move to gs 1811 to make more

Comment

• Etoolqual
                Etoolqual commented
                Editing a comment
                There are steps and the cap is around $167k, no matter your rank. So you can be a PFC your entire career. There are no 1811 positions with USCP, as in, they are not on the GS scale nor recognized as 1811. With that, the ones who do go the special agent route within USCP attend CITP at FLETC but are not 1811 with USCP. The pay scale is all the same whether you’re a PFC or a “special agent”.
                Last edited by Etoolqual; 03-31-2019, 05:40 PM.

• leo1112
                leo1112 commented
                Editing a comment
                So starting is 70 and top pay is 167 , do you know how many years it takes to reach max pay

• EDDGUY
                EDDGUY commented
                Editing a comment
                $168k is the most you can make annually including premium pay. Top out for PFC is around $110k.

• leo1112
                leo1112 commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s what I wanted to know so as Private First Class capitol officer you too out @110k

• Are you allowed to have a beard ?

Comment

• EDDGUY
                EDDGUY commented
                Editing a comment
                Shaving waivers are available to sworn personnel.

• -Deleted Message-
              Last edited by corsair; 04-05-2019, 08:52 AM. Reason: got my answer
              CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
              EQIP - Completed
              Medical Exam - Completed
              Structured Interview - Completed
              Fitness Test - Completed
              Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• EDDGUY
                EDDGUY commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't know what you're referring to.

• corsair
                corsair commented
                Editing a comment
                Deleted answer
                Last edited by corsair; 04-05-2019, 08:53 AM.

• March 25, 2019 : Medical examination, Panel Oral Board Interview

March 26, 2019: Polygraph (passed)

March 27, 2019: Psychological

I haven't heard anything back yet. At this point I'm not sure how long the wait will be and what I gotta do next?

Anyone knows when does the next academy start?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3991 users online. 237 members and 3754 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X