Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I’m heading down to uptp for another agency just wondering how is the academic aspect of uptp? Any advise on that aspect? Thanks!!

Comment

• Hey! First time posting. I did the panel interview/medical/poly/psych about a month and a half ago in that order, over a 3 day period. I haven't heard anything since then. I called HR last week and they said you will be receiving notification (email) about your status in the process within the next 2 weeks. I'm assuming that is probably bad news but just waiting to see what happens. Based on reading previous posts, I see that people receive a call for a final offer, not email. However, I don't know what's going on with the background investigation, if they're even doing it or not so maybe i'm not at the stage where I should be receiving a phone call. If someone can provide any input/thoughts it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• LEO9
        LEO9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you heard anything back? I’m new on this forum and currently going through the process

• Anyone currently in the hiring process hear anything lately?

Comment

• Ben1980
        Ben1980 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey good morning, did you finally hear back from USCP??? hope it was some good news?

• Really? You guys are able to get all the steps done in one trip to DC?! That’s awesome I thought it was at least 3! Definitely going to apply! Stay safe!

Comment

• Headed to DC this weekend, 5/5 and 5/6 to complete the:
        Physical Test, P.O.S.T Test, Orientation and Interview
        Driving from Philadelphia

Comment

• volat
          volat commented
          Editing a comment
          How did it go? Can you give a break down of what happened?
          I am attending the next one.

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          It went very well thank you for asking
          Certainly:
          Day One the orientation lasted 2.5 hours then they drove us to Cheltenham, MD on their USCP Bus to FLETC where we were divided into 3 or 4 groups. One group did the bench press, another did the Illinois run and then one group went outside for the 1.5 mile run which is NOT on a track, it is around FLETC. Took 7-9 hours. End of day 1
          The second day was much shorter, administered the POST test & they cut out section 4 which is report writing. Then you meet with a background investigator for roughly 15 minutes for a brief introduction who will tell HR if you are approved to move on to the gauntlet phase afterwards. End of day 2

I recently completed the gauntlet phase as well. My order specifically was day one: included an interview; 9 situational questions (tell me about a time you challenged a leader type questions). The following day, a 5:30am medical screening followed by a 10am paper work/finger printing then 11am your polygraph begins lasting until 1:15pm - only 9 questions. Polygraph examiners are all contractors and very very funny. The third day consisted of a 6 hour psych exam, we were administered 11 "exams". Results take two weeks.
          Last edited by PA_Ed; 05-30-2018, 07:34 AM.

• Question. At night time what do the night officers do? I see morning and evening. What about night?

Comment

• Chiller
          Chiller commented
          Editing a comment
          The same thing the day and evening officers do

• Originally posted by CopQuestions8 View Post
        Question. At night time what do the night officers do? I see morning and evening. What about night?
        And we have dumbest question of the year.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• CopQuestions8
          CopQuestions8 commented
          Editing a comment
          How was that a dumb question you idiot. I know that most offices have fixed post but I don’t see nighttime officers have them fix post. I live in the area that’s why I asked again IDIOT

• So I am in the process for the U.S Capitol Police now. Can anyone tell me what the FLETC training center is like in Glynco, Georgia? Is it paramilitary or more collegiate. As far as the pt, is there a lot of pt and running involved? I am preparing for it now just in case.

Comment

• Depends on your agency... some its "cop college" others is paramilitary
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
            Depends on your agency... some its "cop college" others is paramilitary
            Its a mix of college and a good amount of PT. You will have PT classes to teach you how to be a cop as well as extra uscp pt which yes does involve running, some of it in formations. GL

Comment

• Hey guys. I'm going down to the assessment center on August 4th for the first phase and had a question about the orientation and PRT day. The email says to show up dressed for both indoor and outdoor physical testing and so I wanted to ask if there is any time you change in the day or is what you show up in that morning what you wear 0700-1600? Much appreciated.

Comment

• mrlashley
                mrlashley commented
                Editing a comment
                I am in DC this weekend for the assessment center. You get an email the week of your assessment center dates telling you which day you will be doing the PRT and what day you will be doing the interview and written test.

• LEO9
                LEO9 commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s the same clothing. You wear whatever you wore to your PRT to the orientation

• Anyone who did their Pysch, poly and Oral in June get a call back??

Comment

• haka123
                haka123 commented
                Editing a comment
                I completed all three in June. I received a call the following week from investigator that told me she was assigned to my file. She later told me that she was waiting on my psych results to clear and once that happens someone would contact me again.

• LEO9
                LEO9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Has your BI done your home visit ?

• Can anyone tell me what the United States Capitol Police Academy is like? Is it more collegiate or paramilitary? And how much PT do they do? I have been running a lot. Im not the fastest runner but I have been running up to 4 1/2 miles just to condition my body. I run a mile but then walk 1/4 of a mile and run another mile again. Also, do you go through the gas chamber in the academy? Just trying to get an idea what its like since I will be finishing up the application process soon. I hope I go to Glynco. It seems as if most new recruits go there anyway.
              Last edited by Toophurious; 07-20-2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Does someone get a BQA mid way through their process? Or can it be sent at the end when they’ve finished everything? I’ve read many received during their process and werent able to move forward

Comment

• One more quick question about the orientation and PRT day, they mentioned in the email that you need indoor and outdoor shoes? Is that really the case or is one pair of sneakers fine for all the parts of testing?

Comment

• LEO9
                    LEO9 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One pair is fine. I would focus on getting a good grip on shoes for the Illinoise run and 1.5 run

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4413 users online. 267 members and 4146 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X