300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Localcop26 View Post
    Has the policy changed on carrying your firearm on an aircraft? Are you allowed to do so?
    No.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Localcop26 View Post
      Has the policy changed on carrying your firearm on an aircraft? Are you allowed to do so?
      No you can’t.
      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

• Originally posted by Toophurious View Post
        In the FLETC, should we expect to get tasered, OC'd, and put through the gas house too?

OC’d in GA and MD
        Just shut your damn hole

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post
          Will Capitol Police still bring you on as a private even with 10 years of federal law enforcement experience . That starting pay is low for a person with experience.
          You will get starting pay like everyone else regardless of your experience
          Just shut your damn hole

Comment

• DCFED
            DCFED commented
            Editing a comment
            That's crazy I see why they are hurting for bodies and always hiring for people besides folks retiring. I used to work for USCP back in 2008.

Hey chiller how is the new chief?

• Toophurious
            Toophurious commented
            Editing a comment
            Is the USCP a good department to work for? Why did you leave in 2008?

• According to the website 59k starting is not bad at all and after 30 months it will be well over 68k with federal benefits as a private first class. Im from NJ and getting that here is nearly impossible and I have a Master's degree so trust me, that is phenomenal. To earn that your first 30 months on the job? I'll take it.
          Last edited by Toophurious; 01-18-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• I'm from Chicago, IL. I met someone who said they are going through the process for Capital Police but said they are doing everything here in Chicago. Is this true? It says on the announcement its done in D.C area?? Can anyone confirm all steps are done in D.C?

Comment

• Originally posted by Odox002 View Post
              I'm from Chicago, IL. I met someone who said they are going through the process for Capital Police but said they are doing everything here in Chicago. Is this true? It says on the announcement its done in D.C area?? Can anyone confirm all steps are done in D.C?
              hi fellow chicagoan,

I went through the process over at D.C. that includes the written, physical fitness, medical, poly, oral board and psychological exams all 5 days in a row back in December 2017. my background investigator came in last week for a home visit. Hes verifying where i live, who i work for and making sure I dont have any thing I'm hiding from him. Now I wait for the call which can be anywhere from one week to a full year.

Comment

• Toophurious
                Toophurious commented
                Editing a comment
                I had called human resources. They said the process can take from 2 to 4 months. Waiting up to a year can be very long

• CaptainCBRN
                CaptainCBRN commented
                Editing a comment
                the conditional offer you sign is valid up to a year of the date you signed. my B.I. was trying to get me in the February class but the government shutdown might have me in the March one
                Last edited by CaptainCBRN; 01-21-2018, 05:05 AM.

• Odox002
                Odox002 commented
                Editing a comment
                I see, that's not too bad if its all in a row. He told me he did all that here in Chicago and I didn't really believe him.

• CaptainCBRN
                CaptainCBRN commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah if he told you that, hes smoking crack. It even says the process on the website. After you are qualified on both the written and physical fitness exam you can be qualified to whats known as "The Gauntlet phase" where all the previous mentioned are back to back to expedite the process instead of going back and forth to DC for all of these.

• I start the process on February 23rd 2018. I have to go to the assessment center in DC. I have a very simple clean record. No traffic violations, no criminal history, no drug history. No work related disciplines. No altercations with anyone. I know your level of education doesnt get you a higher salary, but does a higher education increases the chance of you getting hired? Along with a very clean record and passed all the tests, exams, and interviews?

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Last edited by Parksw; 02-07-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• I got the call yesterday for March 5th class, anyone else?

Comment

• CaptainCBRN
                    CaptainCBRN commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They called me personally on my cell. they verified making sure it was me and not some error (i was told by my B.I. there was other folks with similar names as mine that made things confusing for H.R.). they give you a verbal confirmation of offer for the job and will send somethings in the mail to bring with. They give you the date when you start. i'm glad they at least gave me 2 weeks for my current job. Overall it took approximately one full month after background investigation but due to gov shutdown it delayed it by a week

• Toophurious
                    Toophurious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations on getting accepted. For you, how many months did it take for the whole process?

• CaptainCBRN
                    CaptainCBRN commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Overall It took 3 months and two weeks (due to government shutdown). The waiting period was the most intense month as you are in limbo where you are at.

• Toophurious
                    Toophurious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How is the FLETC academy going so far? Are you in Glynco or Artesia?

• I went through the assessment phase over the weekend. I have passed everything except the written exam. I failed the written exam by 2 points. I did well on the math and grammar. But not so go on the reading comprehension. The reading comprehension was a little confusing because the answers looked the same to me. On question went " a man pushed a women to the ground, punched her and stole her purse and ran away. Which crime did he commit? A. Assault B. Aggravated Assault. B. Battery or C Aggraveted Battery? I had a very hard time distinguishing these answers. I will take the test in 3 months. What can I do to pass the reading comprehension section?

Comment

I went through the assessment phase over the weekend. I have passed everything except the written exam. I failed the written exam by 2 points. I did well on the math and grammar. But not so go on the reading comprehension. The reading comprehension was a little confusing because the answers looked the same to me. On question went " a man pushed a women to the ground, punched her and stole her purse and ran away. Which crime did he commit? A. Assault B. Aggravated Assault. B. Battery or C Aggraveted Battery? I had a very hard time distinguishing these answers. I will take the test in 3 months. What can I do to pass the reading comprehension section?
                    So when I was preparing the little time i had for the assessment I actually bought "Police Officer Exam for Dummies" off of amazon digital for 7 bucks. They pretty much hit every single aspect of the written exam and were spot on what to expect for the upcoming assessments. Just ignore the NYC comprehensive exam section as it doesnt apply. There are a lot of practice exams you can take on it. Keep practicing on the exam and even time yourself. I had to cram for 4 days as I was working two jobs in between. Anyways good luck and keep studying.

Comment

• Or...take an English class at your local JC. Your post has grammar and spelling problems. Start there...
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I went through the assessment phase over the weekend. I have passed everything except the written exam. I failed the written exam by 2 points. I did well on the math and grammar. But not so go on the reading comprehension. The reading comprehension was a little confusing because the answers looked the same to me. On question went " a man pushed a women to the ground, punched her and stole her purse and ran away. Which crime did he commit? A. Assault B. Aggravated Assault. B. Battery or C Aggraveted Battery? I had a very hard time distinguishing these answers. I will take the test in 3 months. What can I do to pass the reading comprehension section?
                        If it makes you feel any better, that would have hung me up too.

In the state I'm certified in:

A. Assault - It's like a low level verbal threat
                        B. Aggravated Assault - A high level threat involving words or conduct (points a gun at someone, knife, etc)
                        C. Battery - Striking someone and causing *some* harm
                        D. Aggravated Battery - Don't have this statute, but I imagine I'd consider it to be causing *serious* harm to someone. Maybe shooting someone in the leg.

I would say it is a robbery (theft+force=robbery), but that is not an option. I guess I'd go with C.

Comment

• I was invited to participate in the United States Capitol Police Assessment Center for April. Does anyone know if it is possible to postpone/re-schedule?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5096 users online. 265 members and 4831 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X