Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just got an e-mail from the Capitol Police saying that I no longer meet their minimum qualifications and I will receive no further consideration. I don't know why. Would anyone have any idea what minimum requirements I might not have met? Is it common for applicants to apply again even when receiving such an e-mail? To those who are still in the game, good luck.

Comment

• Perhaps something in your background they didnt like

Comment

• anybody got a call for the April class????

Comment

• I'll be there

Comment

• Originally posted by Selgoo View Post
            I'll be there
            when did they call you?? i am still waiting on my call smh!

Comment

Last edited by j_mac; 03-29-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Is anybody else waiting on their background to clear and only have two months left until your conditional offer expires?

Comment

• Anyone have testing in May?

Comment

• Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, I'm an out of state candidate as well. I applied yesterday. When do I hear back about scheduling a test date? Also, how many trips should I anticipate making to the DC area during the process?
                    NYPD Exam #1309
                    List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Liu21
                      Liu21 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      you will need to make 2 trips to DC, each trip lasting 2-3 days.

• Alpha525
                      Alpha525 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey, I'm also out of state and was wondering if you heard anything back yet? I submitted my application today and wanted to know a timeline. Thanks

• Originally posted by JCPD2246 View Post
                    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, I'm an out of state candidate as well. I applied yesterday. When do I hear back about scheduling a test date? Also, how many trips should I anticipate making to the DC area during the process?
                    There will be one for the test and one trip for the poly and psych.

Comment

• First phase complete--- Bring on the Gauntlett!

Comment

• Bam9911
                        Bam9911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, did you end up getting the job with USCP?

• Can anyone shed any light into the background investigation phase for CP? I completed my oral boards and am in contact with my B.I. How long does this take? How likely is it that I still don't get in after going to DC 3 times and passing essentially everything I was asked to.
                      thanks!

Comment

• Did anyone get itinerary for this weekend's assessment?
                        Exam: 4332
                        All Green
                        Got the email : 07/01/2017

Comment

• Every time I go to the agency site it freezes anyone know what could be the issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
                            Can anyone shed any light into the background investigation phase for CP? I completed my oral boards and am in contact with my B.I. How long does this take? How likely is it that I still don't get in after going to DC 3 times and passing essentially everything I was asked to.
                            thanks!
                            I had my BI Interview on June 7th and just heard on June 29th that I got the job. So this process for me took a little less than a month because I have a squeaky clean background, just got out of college, haven't lived in too many places, etc and there were no issues (so may take longer if you have lived in multiple locations because there are more people to talk to, if you have anything they need to dig into more, etc). I would say around 1-2 months max. I know they are trying to get as many people as they can in as fast as they can.

I report August 21st to DC then to GA. Anyone else headed that way around then?

Comment

• rhody401
                              rhody401 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              First off, congrats. I hope to join you.

I would assume like most L.E. agencies they want people that have some post college work experience. To that end that would require a longer B.I. Just to be clear, yours went to an initial BI then a field BI, correct? If you don't mind me asking, when was your panel/psych/physical, etc. I wanted to see where my applicant pool is.

• ShieldOfFaith
                              ShieldOfFaith commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you.

I graduated in May, so this will be my first job out of college and feel very blessed to be able to start my career with the USCP. Yes, I think that is correct...more work experience might require a longer background. Yes they did a initial background check early in the process (from what I know of) and I just had my field BI and that was completed on 6/29 when I got the final job offer.

3/30-3/31 = Medical, Psych, Poly
                              5/16 = Panel Interview (could have gone in sooner but couldn't because of finals for school

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5131 users online. 271 members and 4860 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X