Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capitol Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

    Why are you so worried about this?
    I am not worried about this, I am just curious. I think you guys already know why I ask those kinds of questions.

    Comment


    • For those who are from out of state, are you guys going to find the place before the academy or after the academy?

      Comment


      • Forgive me for being clueless but fletc is participation in regards to all activities and you must meet a minimum entry requirement but otherwise there is no "failing" as long as you participate and give it your 100%. Academically you do need to pass the tests but it isn't rocket science. You however do need to be sober for class. IDK if people are parting too hard and then failing out? Sorry... I'm an old fart so I don't understand why people would fail out of fletc..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Selgoo View Post
          Forgive me for being clueless but fletc is participation in regards to all activities and you must meet a minimum entry requirement but otherwise there is no "failing" as long as you participate and give it your 100%. Academically you do need to pass the tests but it isn't rocket science. You however do need to be sober for class. IDK if people are parting too hard and then failing out? Sorry... I'm an old fart so I don't understand why people would fail out of fletc..
          You can absolutely fail out of FLETC for a number of reasons, one as you mentioned being academics. There are also 17 (or 18) practical exams that you must pass. If you fail any PE you may remediate, if you fail the same PE again, you're sent home with no job. You only get 4 remediations over the course of all the PE's. You only get 1 remediation for the 4 written tests, which are not rocket science agreed, but still hard enough to have many more than you would think fail...

          Comment


          • What PE must you pass? I know they do a %, is there a specific percentage you need to be or do you need to accomplish certain tasks?

            thanks for the info.

            Comment


            • I am not sure what should or should not be posted on an open forum so without getting into curriculum specifics, I will just say that every broad skill/technique (Firearms, Vehicle Ops, Interviewing, etc.) has more than one PE that you must pass with a certain percentage or higher.

              Comment


              • Ah that makes total sense and now I see where you were going. One last question for the night, do you room alone in GA or share a room?

                Comment


                • My agency has us in our own rooms, and everyone shares a bathroom with one other trainee. I do believe there are some buildings here that at least have the ability to double up in the rooms but I am sure that depends on # of students on base at that time.

                  Comment


                  • How are the bugs this time of year just kidding (sort of) hows the wifi?

                    and have a good night

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by VAresident202 View Post
                      My agency has us in our own rooms, and everyone shares a bathroom with one other trainee. I do believe there are some buildings here that at least have the ability to double up in the rooms but I am sure that depends on # of students on base at that time.
                      Do you share room and bathroom with the same gender? I am asking cause I am a female candidate for the position.

                      Comment


                      • There are no genders. Everyone is treated the same.

                        Comment


                        • After the academy, what detail do you usually get assigned to? Does everyone start out standing guard and/or working security at the front? I've seen officers that wear normal police uniforms inside the Capitol then there are some who stand guard outside with automatic assault rifles. What is the difference between those two or are they the same unit/detail?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by police24 View Post

                            Do you share room and bathroom with the same gender? I am asking cause I am a female candidate for the position.
                            Yes
                            Just shut your damn hole




                            Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by chandler90 View Post
                              After the academy, what detail do you usually get assigned to? Does everyone start out standing guard and/or working security at the front? I've seen officers that wear normal police uniforms inside the Capitol then there are some who stand guard outside with automatic assault rifles. What is the difference between those two or are they the same unit/detail?
                              1. Flip a coin and that's where you will start your PTO training then you will be moved elsewhere they see fit then probably moved again where they see fit

                              2. 90% of the dept has fixed/standing posts so of course you will be

                              3. Only certain units have the rifle and different uniforms
                              Just shut your damn hole




                              Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

                              Comment


                              • I recently applied for the latest USCP announcement that is currently up. My question is, approximately how long until I should expect a reply or contact from the USCP recruitment office? Any advice or response would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4029 users online. 224 members and 3805 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X