300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol Police

Anyone Know anything about the Capitol Police? Do they have alot of OT, tgood training, equipment, etc?

they make a KILLING in terms of salary. not sure about their retirement and such, but i know they pay good....seem to have good equipment/training....the officers i've met have all been good people.

i dont know what you're looking for, but capitol isn't where you're going to get "traditional" police work. i'd say be prepared to stand a post or wave a metal detector for a year or two.
    "Those who fight monsters should take care that they never become one. For when you stand and look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
    ~ Frederich Nietsche

Comment

There are a bunch of threads/info on this subject, so be sure to search the site. From the sounds of it, despite the good pay, there is high turnover and general morale problems.

Comment

I just tested for Secret Service UD and Capitol Police and I have the same question as far as which department is better to work for. From what I have read seems like both have low morale and high turnover.

Anyone have any reccomendations as to which is a better place to work?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
          Not bad money to watch DVD's and play PS2 on mids.

Not bad at all...so that's what is going on in those little mirrored booths!

Comment

The training for both is great but not usally a high action job but w/ OT 80K+ is not uncommon first full year.

The 80K+ statement is this common and factual information? So my family doesnt disown me I need to match my current of 65-69 annually, would the Capitol Police be almost a gurantee of more then the 50,000 base?

Comment

Up On Base Thanks for the info!

Do the irregular hours end after you have put a certain amount of time in at USSS UD?

Also due new recruits always get the midnight shift?

Comment

Originally posted by army_running
                The 80K+ statement is this common and factual information? So my family doesnt disown me I need to match my current of 65-69 annually, would the Capitol Police be almost a gurantee of more then the 50,000 base?

Although nothing is guarenteed

First 3 months in GA. you will get some OT
                Next 3 in MD. you will get almost zero
                First month FTO,you will get zero
                After FTO,the sky is the limit if you want it. It is there for the taking especially once you get to know people and who to ask.

49+ in training
                50 and change after academy
                After First year base is about to be just under 53 and I will clear 75-80+ easily

The job is what you make of it for sure. Lots of good and bad and the same can be said for the Officers. Personally I love it

Training and equipment is topnotch but it does take awhile to get extra training once done FTO. It will all depend on where you are detailed.

Many are leaving or attempting to leave to other departments.
                Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

You will work holidays, weekends, and be on shift work.

This is not true for USCP in most cases.

There is no shift work

ALOT have Sun/Sat off and work M-F.

You will get drafted for days off whenever they may be(some divisions more then others) and Holidays( again depends on day off) and some 4 hour early/lates

You can give these away to others that want them or keep it yourself for OT
                  Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Chiller,

So with USCP, you are saying that you work M-F only with weekends off if you want them?

When you mean no shift work.. can you explain?

How much a year can you expect to make with USCP?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lechter 75
                      Chiller,

So with USCP, you are saying that you work M-F only with weekends off if you want them?

When you mean no shift work.. can you explain?

How much a year can you expect to make with USCP?

Thanks

Yes, I work M-F with Sun/Sat off as do many divisions. I do get drafted to work for the weekends and occasional 4 hour early. Early's I give away and some weekends I keep for OT

No shift work means your basic schedule does not rotate. You will have a standard 8 hour schedule permanent

Easy to make 70+ after your first year...First 7 months you will see minimal OY unless something happens
                      Just shut your damn hole

Comment

There is rumor they will be cutting overtime because the department has already spent most of its budgeted overtime. Then again this rumor has been around for YEARS.

One thing I will say is DON'T include OT in your planning of going to a department. I remember a time when USCP didn't have much overtime to go around at all. If they cut overtime and you are "expecting" 20k of it a year and budgeting using your OT salary, you will really mess yourself up!

OT pay is something that is subject to change, always budget using your base salary.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyReb
                          There is rumor they will be cutting overtime because the department has already spent most of its budgeted overtime. Then again this rumor has been around for YEARS.

One thing I will say is DON'T include OT in your planning of going to a department. I remember a time when USCP didn't have much overtime to go around at all. If they cut overtime and you are "expecting" 20k of it a year and budgeting using your OT salary, you will really mess yourself up!

OT pay is something that is subject to change, always budget using your base salary.

I will third this...SOLID POST

They have cut back in some divisions already
                          Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Live within your means. It's funny how 100 Penn Ave in the N.W. turns into used car lot when they cut back on OT. There are going to be some big changes for the USCP in the near future. It's not a bad place to work and the money is good.
                            The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

changes

What types of changes are we talking about here??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4152 users online. 195 members and 3957 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X