300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA appeal process for non-select

Just got the thin letter in the mail from the DEA about my background. Up to this point everything was complete except the background. I do have an appeal afforded to me. Has anyone ever appealed their findings and won the appeal? I have logical rebuttals to their points they provided with written proof. Would letters of recommendation from current agents benefit me in any way to the board?
    Last edited by huntsky13; 02-07-2017, 03:25 PM.

Background disqualifications occur because there is something very specific in the applicant's personal history that meets the criteria for removal from the hiring process. Things such as "I'm really a good guy" or I really want the job" or "I've turned my life around" or "I have references" have absolutely no weight in the appeal process.

There are only two valid grounds upon which you can base your appeal:

1. There investigation is incorrect and you do not meet the criteria for disqualification. In this case it is incumbent upon you to disprove as false or inaccurate, the derogatory information that was the basis for your DQ.

2. The second basis for appeal is to prove that the criteria for disqualification has no legitimate relationship to the job you are seeking. For example, an applicant for a clerical job was disqualified on the background for not having a valid drivers license. She won her appeal when it was pointed out that a clerical is not required to operate a motor vehicle as part of their duties.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by huntsky13
      I have logical rebuttals to their points they provided with written proof.
      Regarding the the first category of grounds for appeal listed by L-1:

1. what points
      2. what rebuttals
      3. what proof

?

Comment

Monty. STAY OUT OF THIS!

You have NO place posting here.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          Monty. STAY OUT OF THIS!

You have NO place posting here.
          It's within the terms of service, and it's well-intentioned, so please go find something other than nagging me to do.

Comment

All you do is screw everyone over by interjecting yourself into the discussion. WHY did you post? You have nothing to add.
            Is it just to make sure you see your name?

You are one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen.

**** off.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD
              All you do is screw everyone over by interjecting yourself into the discussion.
              Posting is not necessarily interjecting oneself into a discussion. I didn't "screw everyone over". I asked a question intended to elicit a clarifying response.

WHY did you post? You have nothing to add.
              Why did you post other than to yet again rag on me? You've added nothing here. Membership here doesn't impose on posters an obligation to justify to other members why they posted.

Is it just to make sure you see your name?
              I don't care about that.

You are one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen.
              Not by the usual definitions.

**** off.
              Please stop requiring the intervention of the profanity filter (hint: you capitalized the first letter of your f-word) -- you're persistently in violation of the terms of service here.
              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 02-08-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

As is the case at virtually every federal agency, and I assume DEA is the same, the appeals process is purely a sham. They offer you a chance to reply to their accusations but they absolutely don't care what you respond with unless you can prove beyond a everything that what they say you did wasn't you. Video of you somewhere else at the time is likely all that is gonna convince they.

Regardless of any proof you submit, as most of us know, they will not reverse their decision and your only real recourse is to file with MSPB or go down to the courthouse and sue for whatever law, rule or regulation they violated. The federal government does not care that you are right and they are wrong, only that they can avoid public embarrassment and public records illustrating how miserably they did their jobs. Once the Feds get word you are taking them to the MSPB or that you intend to sue for damages, they usually start to backpedal for the sole purpose of cost. They are fully aware that they are wrong half the time, but they'd rather settle and force you to sign a NDA than admit their mistakes and be forced to do it correctly.

Take this all with a grain grain of salt as I can only speak to the behaviors of the previous administration and it's eight years of unquestioned ego. How could the smartest and coolest kids in the free world ever be corrupt, inept, foolish, incompetent and flat wrong? If they admitted to any shortcomings, the drive by media might make the mistake and actually report what a bunch of unqualified dimwits they all were(still are). That would contradict the total control narrative they rammed away with for eight years. "Do what we say for your own good, you ungrateful, stupid drones."

Perhaps a new regime will actually listen to an appeal and I wish you the best of luck and hope you actually beat the house, but be prepared to fight them on their ground, using their rules and to be judged by their officials. You won't know if you can win until you
                bring the fight to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                  Posting is not necessarily interjecting oneself into a discussion. I didn't "screw everyone over". I asked a question intended to elicit a clarifying response.

Why did you post other than to yet again rag on me? You've added nothing here. Membership here doesn't impose on posters an obligation to justify to other members why they posted.

I don't care about that.

Not by the usual definitions.

Please stop requiring the intervention of the profanity filter (hint: you capitalized the first letter of your f-word) -- you're persistently in violation of the terms of service here.
                  Monty,

you being born born is a violation of TOS. Posers like you should not be posting in LE forums.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12039 users online. 491 members and 11548 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X